Drums at Uni

olio2580

So I'm not taking music at Uni, but would like to keep playing drums. Anyone know about practice rooms with kits or anything like that at Universities, especially Imperial College and Manchester. Also, any other Unis that are good for this?

Al Strange

So I'm not taking music at Uni, but would like to keep playing drums. Anyone know about practice rooms with kits or anything like that at Universities, especially Imperial College and Manchester. Also, any other Unis that are good for this?
Don’t those Unis have a music faculty with practice facilities you can wheeze off?! :unsure: I went to college at Preston 100’s of years ago, during a time that predates most palaeontologists wet dream, and they had a number of decent practice rooms with various instruments...go and have a word with the faculty head? (y):)

mikyok

Platinum Member
Don’t those Unis have a music faculty with practice facilities you can wheeze off?! :unsure: I went to college at Preston 100’s of years ago, during a time that predates most palaeontologists wet dream, and they had a number of decent practice rooms with various instruments...go and have a word with the faculty head? (y):)
That sounds like the old music department at Wolves Uni where I went in the early 00s. It was still firmly ensconced in the 80s. We had to do recording projects on DAT tapes which required SVHS and it had a smell that was 30 plus years of sweaty drummer in every room which was like a greenhouse as standard.

I'd look at getting some cheap e-drums you can keep in your room and go hog wild whenever you feel like it. A battered up broken Pearl Export isn't the best experience you can have.