Drumpads!

MaxZed

Hello! I am looking into getting a drumpad for live church/camp gigs. I have used the Roland SPD-SX and really liked it but I've done some digging and found the Yamaha DTX MULTI 12 and the Alesis SamplePad Pro which are much cheaper but I have never used them before. If you have experience with these pads or have any other suggestions please let me know!

Thanks!

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
I had 2 of the newer Alesis Samplepad Pros replaced under warranty for mistriggers, latency issues, and finally the last one wouldn't get past the loading screen on the first gig I used it at. The SPD-SX is great at what it does. The Yamaha also looks like a great unit.

lefty2

Platinum Member
I have an Alesis sample pad. I've been using it for several years now with no issues. I mostly use it for special effects like a dog barking cow mooing but I also have a really low Kick Drum note that we use kind of like a sub boom in a few songs.

electrodrummer

Hello! I am looking into getting a drumpad for live church/camp gigs. I have used the Roland SPD-SX and really liked it but I've done some digging and found the Yamaha DTX MULTI 12 and the Alesis SamplePad Pro which are much cheaper but I have never used them before. If you have experience with these pads or have any other suggestions please let me know!

Thanks!
You need to define how you think you're going to use it - this will make a difference on which one to recommend. They aren't the same.

In simplistic terms, the SPDsx as a sampler/sample player with some pads stuck on it. The Multi12 is a DTX700(ish) drum module with pads stuck on it (which like other DTXes can load samples).