Drumnetics 3XF is here!

I think its one of those ,you buy it you own it products.(not implying its bad at all). Just not very mainstream. I would really like to see it in person but that will never happen.

I would agree that anything tactile like sticks or pedals (as well as anything that makes a sound, like drums and cymbals) should be tried in person before making a decision to buy. Fortunately for me, I was already familiar with the pedals from them being shown at NAMM several years ago. I thought they were nice then, but needed a little something more to make them viable. Based on the description of the updates, I was willing to take a chance, and have no regrets. Even if I don't take it on tour, I will continue to use it in town.

It is kind of weird at first, especially learning to adjust it since there is so much adjustement.. I keep my main pedal magnet very light, and the return magnets pretty stiff. But it did take some playing around to get it just right, that being said.. i haven't touched any adjustments in 4 years, it just works great..

I made maybe 3 adjustments before it was dialed-in for me, and I haven't changed it since. I keep it pretty tight on the downstroke, so it sticks to my foot coming back. I never want the footboard to 'get away' from me or feel like I'm not fully controlling it.

Bermuda

I made maybe 3 adjustments before it was dialed-in for me, and I haven't changed it since. I keep it pretty tight on the downstroke, so it sticks to my foot coming back. I never want the footboard to 'get away' from me or feel like I'm not fully controlling it.

Bermuda

That's pretty much how mine is, just different ways of doing it i guess:) And yeah.. having my foot leave the board usually leads to at least one mistake getting back into it..

I'm glad you like it, and Mike was awesome to deal with.. i hope it actually gets a bit more popular and he stays around.

I've had my Drumnetics pedal for a while now, and I'm having an issue that I'm hoping someone here can help with...

The stupid hoop clamp. I haven't even been able to give the pedal a good test yet because it is equipped with possibly the least effective hoop clamp I've ever encountered in over three decades of drumming. No matter how hard I tighten it, it will not clamp firmly to any hoop I've tried, and starts sliding off within a few seconds. The first time I tried the pedal was at a gig, and it was completely off the hoop, and twisted sideways within the first 30 seconds of the first song. Luckily, I had my Iron Cobra with me, so I swapped it out for the rest of the gig. But having no bass drum for almost the entire opening number is not a good way to start any show. It's not bottoming out or anything. It just doesn't grip. Which makes sense, I guess, seeing that the surface of the clamp is smooth metal, and very small (seems like a weird place to skimp on a $300+ pedal). But even after trying to adhere various materials to its surface (felt, rubber, soft side of some velcro), it won't even stay in place long enough to see how the pedal itself performs.

Any suggestions?

The stupid hoop clamp.

Yep

I complained about that as well, and suggestion #1 was to add Velcro to the base of the pedal to help keep it in place. That helped sometimes, but mostly did nothing. I was going to bail on the pedal, and Mike made an alternate clamp piece for me that's quite different and looks like it will do the trick. I haven't field-tested it yet, but will let you know. Hopefully he will send new clamps to all pedal owners.

Bermuda

I forgot all bout the clamp issue.. I put 2 pieces of grip tape on the bottom of my pedal, like you would use on a skateboard and it just hugs the rug..

No "permanent magnet" is completely permanent. Heat, sharp impacts, stray magnetic fields, and age all conspire to rob a magnet of its field.
Very sharp impacts jostle a magnet’s atoms, causing them to realign with respect to one another. In the presence of a strong magnetic field in line with the magnet’s, the atoms will realign in the same direction, strengthening the magnet.
Without a strong magnetic field to guide the atoms, they will realign in random directions, weakening the magnet. Most permanent magnets can hold up to being dropped a few times, but it will lose strength from repeated strikes with a hammer.

A metal drummer I follow did a hilarious review on these. I messed with them at NAMM one year and they were pretty good. Nice "outside the box" concept.

Back