Drumming with just a left hand after a stroke (yikes!)

Peedy

I saw Def Leppard in 83 and 87, before and after Rick Allen lost his left arm. His three limbs sounded WAY better than my four ever will. Rock on.

Pete

Jeff Almeyda

Senior Consultant
I consider Bill a friend as well as a teacher. His grace and poise while going through this made me re-evaluate my own considerations about my focal dystonia and has inspired me in a way that I would never have expected.

For any of you who have never seen him, do yourself a favor and check out his otherworldly playing:

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Bill, I'm saddened, relieved, & inspired by your post. I had a brain stem stroke last July, & like you, it hit me hard, so, to a degree, I understand your challenge & journey. For a simple player like me, it was bad enough, but for a player of your facility, it's significantly more devastating.

FWIW, you have exactly the right mindset - back on the horse - force change. My biggest issue was perception as much as function, and I still have some hangovers from it, but I was lucky enough to recover well, and I'm sure you will do likewise.