Drumming when it's hot weather.

eddiehimself

Platinum Member
I must say it's quite an interesting experience drumming in shorts because every time i play the floor tom i can feel the air rushing out of the air vent onto my legs lolz. It's quite nice being able to drum in shorts as well because usually it's too cold to wear them but then when i'm wearing my usual trousers+long johns combo to keep warm i start drumming and i get all hot and sweaty. So yeah quite good.

I know this is REALLY classy, but I alway play shows in gym shorts...but I live in Florida.

I know this is REALLY classy, but I alway play shows in gym shorts...but I live in Florida.

awesome. Dunno if i could wear my gym stuff whilst drumming, possibly makes a bit too much noise lolz but i'm going to be wearing my Germany shirt (which is also my gym shirt) on sunday :p so we'll see what that's like.

I play in shorts all the time. I don't like to play in pants, especially if they are a wider cut, like slacks or sweat pants. It messes with my beater and sometimes gets it caught so I roll them up anyway. I also play barefoot, I get much better feel and touch on the pedals.

I play in shorts all the time. I don't like to play in pants, especially if they are a wider cut, like slacks or sweat pants. It messes with my beater and sometimes gets it caught so I roll them up anyway. I also play barefoot, I get much better feel and touch on the pedals.

That's pretty much how one of my friends plays the drums as well. I generally like playing in just socks because i don't like the cold feel of the pedals on my bare feet XP

I hate playing in anything but shorts, it's just really uncomfortable. I'll usually wear a v-neck too just so I can stay as cool as possible.
I also play barefoot too, I can't stand the feel I get when I wear shoes.

im guessing your a northerner eh eddie?

i either play ni socks or shoes (only at gigs) dont like bare foot cos the sweat tarnishes the footplates :p shorts too cant stand it when my you know whats stick to my legs.dont get that with shorts as bad

im guessing your a northerner eh eddie?

i either play ni socks or shoes (only at gigs) dont like bare foot cos the sweat tarnishes the footplates :p shorts too cant stand it when my you know whats stick to my legs.dont get that with shorts as bad

A North Humbersidener to be precise ;). Nice and warm down in Kent usually then?

fairly :p tis all relative though :/ still not nice in winter

I live in Connecticut and I look forward to the outdoor gigs all year. I love playing outdoors.
I hate to play in the winter!
I finally manage to shrug off the cold by the third set when its time to go home, LOL!

If I was young and sexy, I would play shirtless in the summer. Those days are long gone for me!
If I took off my shirt now-a-days, people would leave! Too many Hamburgers and Vodka Martini's!
Warm is good! My arthritis doesn't hurt as much in the summer even though the CT humidity swells up my joints a bit.
Cherish the warm weather outdoor gigs my friend.

Last edited:
Back