DRUMMING & SINGING

I'M FIRST OF ALL A PROFESSIONAL DRUMMER/PRODUCER AND THIS IS A FACT BUT I ALSO ENJOY THE RIDE PLAYING DRUMS AND SINGING WITH MY FRIENDS IN MY OWN PROJECT NAMED M81, DOES ANY OTHER FEEL THE SAME???

Al Strange

Nice sound mate. (y) :cool:Yeah, I like singing backing vocal harmonies with or without my drums...who knows, might go full Phil Collins one day!😂

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I dont play with a band anymore, but I always try and sing along to whatever I'm playing with. My voice sounds like a tortured cat, but I enjoy singing along. I also feel it helps with overall breathing and cardio.

mikyok

Platinum Member
I have to do a lot of singing and playing, it's just something you get used to with practice.

It's all fun and games until you hit yourself in the face with your mic :)

BruceW

I sing on most of our songs, background/harmony/choruses a large part of the time. I do sing lead on a few, the number depending on the venue and crowd, and the band composition for that particular gig. When we play as 3-piece, I sing lead more frequently, when we have the full 5-piece, I sing lead less often. And I'm ok with that.

We're a bar band, primarily, so flexibility and versatility is helpful. I can see that in a concert scenario, that would likely change.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I sing back up in all of my bands, and have had years of voice training. I do sing along when I play alone too, but have never had to sing lead while drumming. I have had to while playing bass...

LeftyDoug

BG/harmony singer here aswell. I have sung lead on a few songs, but I prefer to sing BG.
Same deal here. The last band I was in involved singing but my current band does not as of now. It's a nice relief to not have to worry about singing after all those years of having to. I certainly don't mind doing backgrounds though.