Drumming shoes

You guys might think this is a bit weird but I found the most comfortable shoes to drum in for fast kick is a pair of ballet flats. The guys in my band know made fun of me at first but when I started getting faster and more accurate on the kick, they soon realised why I chose them.
I have recently changed styles again to a pair of breathable yoga shoes I found on a Chinese website and they are comfortable and your feet don't sweat.
First pic is what I used to wear and the other pics are what I wear now.
THAT FIRST PIC OF YOUR SHOES......BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Ooo - just posted these in another thread, & this thread popped up :)

Got these ultra lightweight (8oz) Clarks Trigenic shoes for Christmas. Designed to let the foot flex naturally. Like wearing socks, but with thin soles. The soles hardly affect foot flexing at all. Not dedicated drumming shoes, but they're fantastic. Wasted on my technique needs really, but they feel great to play in :)

Attachments

Chollyred

Skechers wide fit memory foam. Good looks, and very light weight. I didn't buy them specifically for drumming, but found out they work great!

Nate'sKit

So I read this and just for fun try some loafers with old school leather soles. Man they are light and it feels real good on the pedals. Then I hit the linoleum and almost fall on my head. Thanks a lot pals.

mike d

Silver Member
I like a flat sole, comfortable, snug fit, with good friction between the sole and the pedal. I would never claim to have the best bass drum chops, but I'm also a runner and a bicyclist, and footwear does make a huge difference to me. My favorites right now are flat soled, sticky, DC skateboard shoes. They meet my requirements.

gaz

I guess it doesn't really matter what others say about the type of footwear you drum in. As long as you can play in the comfortably then who cares. I have played at some black tie events where my footwear was a matter of being dressy. So I have learnt to drum in any type of shoe. The last 2 events I played at, I wore these shoes. I never had any dramas.

Attachments

clarashanks

Except if you're among the individuals who like to drum shoeless or in stocking feet, you'll see that the best shoes for drumming are those in a comfortable, moderate style. Solace is the best need since any diversion can negatively affect your playing.see more info visit this site sheispicky(dot)com.

Old Dog new Cans

Except if you're among the individuals who like to drum shoeless or in stocking feet, you'll see that the best shoes for drumming are those in a comfortable, moderate style. Solace is the best need since any diversion can negatively affect your playing.see more info visit this site sheispicky(dot)com.

Once again, looks like spam.

However, an interesting topic for me. When I was a teen, I wore the same Reebok waffle racers (cross country shoes) FOR YEARS!! They were the ultra lightest shoe I had found, and they were reasonable cheap for a teen to save up for.

I had been wearing similar running shoes until the other day when I wore my Merrills. Didn't really feel much difference. My calves and lower legs are quite strong. I've walked nearly every day since my father died of a heart attack nearly 20yrs ago. Different muscles when using drum pedals, but still, the walking I believe has definitely helped me assimilate back into drumming.

wipekitty

Puma Speed Cats...great idea! I have a pair, and I'm guessing that they will be much better than the awful cheap slippers I've been using.

Chunky boots are great...for a workout.

BertTheDrummer

Gold Member
Well I posted on this thread back in 2011, so I figured since it was raised from the dead by a spammer and people seem to be posting again, maybe I would update what I said.

Usually now it is some Converse (All Star or Ox) or Vans or maybe some Adidas Superstars or something similar.