Drumming is for the dogs!

Bob Bryar formerly of My Chemical Romance is auctioning off his last set of drums. The proceeds will go to a dog rescue facility. Bidding for the C&C kit at last glance was $4,370.

I hope his post music endeavors bring him success and joy.

That's wonderful. As a dog lover (we have 5), I hope his kit brings in more than the Van Halen, Guns N Roses, and 5 Finger Death Punch kits put together.

My boy that passed a few years ago hated the bass drum, but one of my current dogs actually comes to the basement and goes to sleep right in front of the bass while I’m practicing!
0612F5F7-7117-4138-B909-F83CD14BF008.jpeg

My boy that passed a few years ago hated the bass drum, but one of my current dogs actually comes to the basement and goes to sleep right in front of the bass while I’m practicing!
View attachment 105944
Now THIS dog is a keeper! He’s got the rhythm for sure. My little rescue rat terrier is terrified of the drums, and any loud noises so he won’t be resting well tonight lol

I'm not a hard hitter so our golden retriever Sketch doesn't mind the drums except for the fact that my time at the drums takes away from the time his ball is being thrown and that is not acceptable. He lets me know.
Screenshot_20210703-172810_Gallery.jpg

Well the fireworks had my pup a bit shaken, so I thought to try my shooting protection on her . For a dog that won’t let me put hats or clothing of any kind on , she had no problems keeping these on in the yard so she could stay outside with us .
Gonna see if she’ll keep them on when I’m playing and no ones home so I can keep an eye on her and get some playing time in when no ones home . I mean , I don’t think the family will walk around with these on their heads for a few hours a day 🤔

E013B2AE-1C7F-4267-B5ED-B1A52803EEF9.jpeg8B4E0390-E0B4-4BF7-945E-84C6F648A059.jpeg

Statements like this make me sad:

On Twitter, he announced, "I'm permanently closing the book on my drumming days," citing his age, wrist issues, weight as well as the desire to pursue something "new."

He's 41 years old. I agree that he needs to get that wrist taken care of if it's bothering him. I can't help but assume that he's feeling bad about his weight and age due to influences in the music industry, especially in that genre of music. I've been burned out before too, but I always knew I'd come back after a while. There's nothing wrong with exploring new activities as well.

I wish him the best!

Back