Drumming @ Best Buy

Put it this way. We are all constantly learning and seeking encouragement and a atta boy/girl every now and then is nice as well. It just seems that a forum like this should be a place to learn and grow instead of being made to feel inferior. Not to say that it was anyone's intent to defrock 805's video... Just my 2c

Its not a matter of making anyone feel inferior, its a matter of pointing out things that the individual might not have even been aware of, or might not have even viewed as as important concept (such as taste and simplicity). Im not just gonna say, yo dawg thats sick, because thats not gonna help him advance as a player. I highly doubt after this thread hell quit playing, and if he does, maybe music isnt the right thing for him. Its all about opening peoples eyes to things they are unwilling or unable to see.

Ok, I can see where the OP may take things wrong here, but I also see props in what the Colonel said in his LONG post and for me...shoot I did not even post playing and took what he said as fantastic constructive criticism with a little props in there...hell if I posted and got that evaluation I would say right on dude, did not think of it that way and yeah GOOD stuff. A lot to learn in what has been said here if taken as good criticism.

This is all good, healthy, constructive critisism, and thanks for the post, Colonel (I'm following you on Twitter=).

I don't see it as nit-picking or anything. It's all good.

I think you have some really cool ideas, but need to work on your solidness, and just gain experience. But you'll probably be a pretty good drummer in time.
Are you in a band?

hey 805 on that video of that guy conner ash (idr the name) killing it. - that was sped up right? because the cymbals were not ringing or moving after he hit them, they just like quickly moved. im pretty sure it was sped up but all the comments people are like "dang that guy is good" even though its like impossible to play that fast. just checking because i didn't want to leave a negative comment or anything on the video if it wasnt right

YouTube is so hard to please because people just say they can do better or they find some little mistake and make into a big deal..this is why i turned to DrummerWorld. Anyways i watch the video..I loved that hi hat groove but was that like the back of the store because it looks like the department for me!

I think you have some really cool ideas, but need to work on your solidness, and just gain experience. But you'll probably be a pretty good drummer in time.
Are you in a band?

Thanks!

And I'm not in a band now, although I'm looking for one.

However, I was in a band...several years ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhO14Hw4_ZI

I know xD

hey 805 on that video of that guy conner ash (idr the name) killing it. - that was sped up right? because the cymbals were not ringing or moving after he hit them, they just like quickly moved. im pretty sure it was sped up but all the comments people are like "dang that guy is good" even though its like impossible to play that fast. just checking because i didn't want to leave a negative comment or anything on the video if it wasnt right

Dude, that wasn't sped up at all. The cymbals moved fast because he hit them so hard, and because they were tiny 14" and 16" Sabian B8 cymbals. Plus, he was doing machine gun fills.

And I'm not in a band now, although I'm looking for one.

That sounds great (the fact that you're looking for a band, not your old band ;) )! Being in a band is the best way to develop your musicality when playing.

Back