Drummerworld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steady Freddy

Pioneer Member
The 'hate' from some people regarding DW drums i also never understood..
It's not too hard to understand. They can't afford them because they are young and just starting out, or they are broke ass people who didn't do very well in life. They are such losers they think only doctors and lawyers can afford them. LOL or OMG that snare cost more than my car. Sad!! It used to bother me. Now I just realize how pathetic they really are, young people excluded from my comments. Oh yeah. Only an idiot would spend that much on a -----.
Here's a news flash, It's the idiots who don't have $$$$$, YMMV

Soulfinger

First this
I guess my point of this is, keep it above the line. Just because you dont agree with one another doesnt mean you should tear them down because of it.
then this
they are broke ass people who didn't do very well in life. They are such losers they think only doctors and lawyers can afford them. (...) Now I just realize how pathetic they really are (...) It's the idiots who don't have $$$$$, YMMV
I think Good Karma has a point there... ;)

(Besides, why get all worked up over DW drums? They ain´t worth it. :p)

Juniper

Gold Member
I think that this place is a very supportive and positive community.

You will always get the small group of people in every walk of life's who will want to make their opinion the loudest but I don't see much hate/arguments here - but that could of course be attributed to the fine work of the mods.

You're never going to agree with everyone but as long as people are respectful then that's all that matters.

I'm part of other - non drumming - forums (football/films) and this place is massively positive to those places.

Drummerworld is a great place to visit, discuss with others, learn from each other and perv over gear.

Last edited:

jornthedrummer

Silver Member
DW makes a large combination of drum designs, so I guess almost any sound is possible.
However what we mostly hear live and on the internet is the shorter, duller and thuddier sound that might suit a lot of notes in gospel music or rock.
That’s not my sound.
I also dislike the large amount of steel on the drums. Makes them unnecessarily heavy and affects the sound.

Anyway it would be boring if we all liked the same thing.

King Tiger

I just ignore the idiot responses some guys make, and is the reason I don't make many replies. I'm here for fun and to learn a thing or two. I simply can't care any less than what I do about who likes what drum brand or cymbals. I love my DWs and Ludwigs, and ALL drums in general. If you love your (enter brand name here), it's all good with me.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Everyone does something or says something idiotic-just part of being human. It doesn't mean you are one. "Hate" is such an interesting emotion because you have to really care (sometimes even love something) to even bother. If you don't care it provokes no emotion. It reminds me of the years ago this drunk fella pulled a pistol on me while I was deer hunting (a debate over land lines). When he stuck it in my face it scared me to death (I was shaking ready for flight) he tells me to put my rifle down which I had on my shoulder. Well the fight response kicked in then and I told him "Hell no!". So we start yelling and I keep approaching him. Yeah crazy right-but I was mad as hell and ready to pop his eyeballs out and eat them for olives. I was hunting with a friend and he was walking up on us (which it was dark by then). I yelled to him. "Hey this fella has a pistol pointing at me-take that 300 mag you got and shoot the MFer." Which my friend was watching us through his scope (I can only imagine what he was thinking). Well he was calm so walked up to diffuse the situation. So we all put our guns down and the land owner came up to reprimand the drunk moron and assert we were in correct area. I just couldn't put it down-my kids were still young then and I kept thinking the idiot could have shot me. Hate emerged and I even thought about vengeance. I tried to forgive him but emotionally it would erupt and I was ready to take a baseball bat to him. In hindsight it ended best for everyone-I wasn't dead, the fella wasn't in prison, and we all kept hunting. But still I had that emotion for a a couple of years till I finally put that silly crap down. The fella died recently and evoked no emotion at all-because I don't care anymore (but I'm sure he had a loving family and was probably a decent fella). I felt so silly I carried that emotion as long (and I don't even know what motivated it other than a bruised ego I didn't scare him or something?)as I did and glad that my rage and ego didn't get the better of me-and I'd be dead and you'd be missing me regale my tale. Don't ya just hate it LOL.But wait it is drumming related because whenever I would get angst against the fella I'd go drum or seek counsel on DW-that has a few sane people. See I just need to rage against the machine instead of this fella ROFL.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
My perception is it's a pretty mellow place, now.

Thinking back to 2010 - 2012, man, THAT was some kinda crazy. Guy gets banned, comes back under a different name, gets banned again ..... and again ..... and again. And a couple other guys get banned. And a couple people write some loquacious farewell letters.

Compared to that ..... it's all sunshine and moonbeams !!!
I miss those days. I feel that it was DW's heyday then.

You wouldn't be referring to Sticks4Drums there now would you Harry :)

I miss Caddy.

Sometimes I think I should take a break from here. But it doesn't work.

Drumprof

“You will always get the small group of people in every walk of life's who will want to make their opinion the loudest but I don't see much hate/arguments here - but that could of course be attributed to the fine work of the mods.”

This nails it. The mods on here like Grunters Dad and others do an excellent job of allowing banter while keeping a civil lid on things to the benefit of the site and the members. great administration of this site makes it the best in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
This is a good forum. But it's not the only one. What is wrong with the others? I like participating in two forums. Twice the conversation and twice the fun.
Well there is nothing wrong with visiting more than one. That way you can see just how grand this one is. Also, time spent in one means time not spent in this one, so the conversation and fun time are equal. Only 24 hours in a day. We will allow 8, the other, 16 DW. :)

steadypocket

Gold Member
My perception is it's a pretty mellow place, now.

Thinking back to 2010 - 2012, man, THAT was some kinda crazy. Guy gets banned, comes back under a different name, gets banned again ..... and again ..... and again. And a couple other guys get banned. And a couple people write some loquacious farewell letters.

Compared to that ..... it's all sunshine and moonbeams !!!
Are you suggesting that negative comments towards Mapex would incite a firestorm? 😃

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
My typical behavior is to state my opinion on a subject and move on to the other replies. I normally don't try to reply again. My opinion is in writing, and re-stating it is a waste of time. I will read your reply, but to get into a pissing match is not me. That is where many get into trouble, trying to defend their opinion without getting personal . Not necessary.

Last edited:

KamaK

Platinum Member
I dont understand why some of you dislike DW drums so much, I love my Dw's, but i love them just as much as my Tama set, that is still own.
Many of those that appear to dislike DW drums are actually expressing their distain for John Good's industry-stifling abuse of the USPTO. There's nothing wrong with CAMCO kits... Heck, I play a George Way.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
My typical behavior is to stae my opinion on a subject and move on to the other replies. I normally don't try to reply again. My opinion is in writing, and re-stating it is a waste of time. I will read your reply, but to get into a pissing match is not me. That is where many get into trouble, trying to defend their opinion without getting personal . Not necessary.
Fools won’t listen to good advice, and the wise don’t need it. So yeah, I tend to state my views very clearly, and then only respond to substantive criticism and comments, not get into a whole back-and-forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.