Drummerworld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Karma

I'm new to Drummerworld as a member, I've used it some over years as a non member to find specific answers to questions that i was in search of. I never really read any of the other threads unless pertained to my search. After i joined i soon realized that we are not all here for the love of drums. i cant believe how much hate is in these discussions. Someone will ask a question or make a statement, by the middle of the thread no one is chatting about the originally question/statement, just insults passed out like candy on Halloween toward one another because of the where they buy equipment, brand of drums, heads, cymbals ect...... or a miss spelled word or you think its a stupid question. I wonder if more members dont post because of the fact they're afraid of being attacked by a simple question. I like to read, yep i'm a book worm. Have some of you actually went back and read some of the post you have wrote? its sickening. Yes, i agree. sometimes when you act a fool you should be treated as one, be the better man/women and just let it go

I dont understand why some of you dislike DW drums so much, I love my Dw's, but i love them just as much as my Tama set, that is still own. I loved my Ludwig set just as much as the others kits and i still have seller's remorse. I do miss them, they were my first kit, learned how to play for the most part on them. I remember the first song i could play from start to finish as a kid, Bee Gee's " stayin alive " It's kinda laughable now, but i still get a chuckle out of it when i here it played on the radio. i would probably love other brands of drums just as much or maybe i just love to play drums regardless what i'm playing on.

I guess my point of this is, keep it above the line. Just because you dont agree with one another doesnt mean you should tear them down because of it.

MntnMan62

I find the people on this forum a pretty gentlemanly bunch. Sure there are always the exceptions to the rule, but for the most part everyone gets along. I don't see too much negativity here. Enjoy your stay.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
The membership is in a constant state of flux. Meaning we get new members regularly. Sometimes it takes a while for new members to get used to the program here. Meaning the rest of the internet forums are, generally speaking, not as supportive as DW. They're meaner IMO. The support thing is contagious. Sometimes people have to acclimate themselves to a supportive environment. It's not the norm. That takes time. This place is an exception compared to most internet forums. The best thing we can do is encourage people to be completely supportive of one another here and to not tear down our drumming brothers and sisters. I feel we set an example here. Be the solution, not the problem.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Funny, I was thinking about posting a thread about how friendly DW is. We’re a family and like most families have some discord now and again, but nothing like on other forums! I just quit two others, because I just couldn’t stand the obnoxious banter and low life attacks.

On those forums, absolutely everything became political and you could hardly read anything through the F bombs. The worstI’ve seen it here is the occasional love/hate for DW drums getting heated. Silly, but definitely small potatoes compared to almost every other forum I’ve been on! Our admins do a great job. I know, I’ve had the pleasure of removing their foot from my south end when I got a bit snarky in the past.

Yup, I’m that cousin or uncle... you know what they say, if you can’t name one, then you are the one!

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I think one issue is the lack of folks that actually take the time to read the Forum Rules. This is not Facebook, and some people have trouble realizing that. If you try to help, try to be friendly, and stay on subject, you will have few issues. Some come in with a bad attitude, or know-it-all attitude and are not very flexible. The exchange of knowledge is the main premise behind all forums, to include DW. Opinions are welcomed and not all will agree. But that is OK, you don't have to agree, but arguing will get you nowhere, but dismissed. We like to think this is the best drum forum available, and the site owner, and three moderators do our best to keep things civil. Sarcasm is a difficult thing to get across at times and is taken for negativity. If you find a thread or post that is offensive or against the intent of the rules, you can report it anda moderator will review it and take whatever action they feel is warranted.

MntnMan62

No way, everyone is wrong! 🙂

No where else on Earth can I discuss drums at the volume or quality that I desire to discuss them at than I can here. There are touring pros all the way down to beginners. Yet we all have stuff to share and learn. Love it or hate it, DW is the place to be if you love drums. It's worth the minimal nonsense.
This is a good forum. But it's not the only one. What is wrong with the others? I like participating in two forums. Twice the conversation and twice the fun.

No way, everyone is wrong! 🙂

No where else on Earth can I discuss drums at the volume or quality that I desire to discuss them at than I can here. There are touring pros all the way down to beginners. Yet we all have stuff to share and learn. Love it or hate it, DW is the place to be if you love drums. It's worth the minimal nonsense.
Absolutely 👏🏻

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
This is a good forum. But it's not the only one. What is wrong with the others? I like participating in two forums. Twice the conversation and twice the fun.
Nothing wrong with the others. This forum just has what I want in a drum forum. That's all.

I've belonged to some car forums. It was nuts. There would be a question, "Will X carb fit on my X intake manifold?". 639 posts and 35 arguments later, there still wouldn't be a definitive answer. Glad there isn't too much of that around here.

Living Dead Drummer

Platinum Member
I haven't seen much hate here at all. In fact we always organize a meet up with other members at NAMM so we can socialize in person.
FaceBook groups, YES, filled with trolls and A-holes, but honestly I haven't seen it on DW.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
"Hate" seems like such a strong word-I don't think I've ever seen that. Arguments galore. Some angst and tempers may flare-In fact we use to have Wrestling night (to relieve the angst) till all the female forum members keep getting the best of us males (we got fragile egos). So now we take turns being a duck weed at times-just to keep things lively. Seriously though it's an international forum and English isn't everyone first language so sometimes there issues from that. Some people cut up a bunch like me and others, then others more serious (mainly cause professional and it's their livelihood).I appreciate both. Because it's beginners to pros if someone asks a question you'll get answers from all the above. Many members find those other members they trust their opinions and sort of self filter-nothing against other forum members just have confidence in some. It's really a great community and even if disagreements most end well. Everyone has opinions and statistically and biologically we shouldn't all agree thankfully. Vive la difference.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I read this quote somewhere:

"The tree is not so stupid that the branches argue amongst each other"

Good example to follow.

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
The 'hate' from some people regarding DW drums i also never understood..

Maybe thats an american thing, but here where i live, DW drums always has been a respected brand by basically any drummer i ever heard speak about them..

I could not care less about those discussions btw, since i visit the Drum Gear-section maybe once each half year, maybe even less..

Last thing i saw there was a thread with people laughing at one of the best current groove drummers, only because he has an unusual set up..

Meaning, i had enough "gear talk" again for the next months..😄

When i first started reading this forum i also got annoyed pretty quick, because i just could not imagine anyone on a drummer-forum criticize John Robinson or argue what Jojo Mayer says about Moeller..

But after a while i thought..: forums are forums, just a lot of written text by mostly strangers, nothing to really get serious or upset about..:)

harryconway

Platinum Member
My perception is it's a pretty mellow place, now.

Thinking back to 2010 - 2012, man, THAT was some kinda crazy. Guy gets banned, comes back under a different name, gets banned again ..... and again ..... and again. And a couple other guys get banned. And a couple people write some loquacious farewell letters.

Compared to that ..... it's all sunshine and moonbeams !!!

johnwesley

Silver Member
Don't get so bent out of shape Good Karma. DW is a great place to discuss stuff and get advice, etc. As for me, I have a real sarcastic yet playful response to many posts. Even been reprimanded for it until THE administrator understood I was not being mean, just comedic. Here's what I suggest. Pretend you're a real progressive Liberal type person who allows everyone to share their opinion and give advice in the name of diversity. Oh wait. Progressive liberals don't allow the free flow of opinion unless they approve of the concept first and it fits the agenda of group think and closed mindedness. Sorry, my mistake. HEY. Can we get back to talking drums?

Status
Not open for further replies.