Drummerworld Site Ads

I've noticed that since the ads have become more prominent, the browser is crashing more often.

"The browser"

What browser?

Use Brave Browser.
I tried brave, and it does work. Thanks for that.

It doesn't really address the question of why they users of the most popular browser in use have suddenly been inundated with intrusive ads, though. I'd like to know what happened.

I tried brave, and it does work. Thanks for that.

It doesn't really address the question of why they users of the most popular browser in use have suddenly been inundated with intrusive ads, though. I'd like to know what happened.
Cool.

[Address Q's]... Brave's own website explains it pretty well.

Browsers are data harvesting gold mines.
Sign in on a browser and stay signed in... You're giving the browser's producer near unfettered access to ALL your information you enter and engage with through the browser.
So handy for advertising companies. (Google's one of the largest).

On your Smartphone, install Brave, set as default and use it. Uninstall all the big social media Apps (if you use them) and use the web browser instead to access that content (if you must). At least you'll have more control over what you give, than with the installed app that has almost, ALL access to your personal information on your phone.
The web browser version of social media are perfectly simple to use.

While Brave is NOT perfect; and as much as I hate to appear to be "supporting" Brave; they are one of few that attempt to protect you, the user.

Supporting the content provider/s /creator/s you use and enjoy... Pay them directly. Then sites you like won't have to install revenue generating methods to keep the lights on.
Try and bypass Big Tech's BS harvesting of your information.

Last edited:
Another thanks for the great info

Downloaded, installed, used, all within a few minutes. No ads.

Another thanks for the great info

Downloaded, installed, used, all within a few minutes. No ads.

Well, if it's going to get rid of ads for gambling, bras, lawn mowers, dating sites, cookware, walking sticks, fridge magnets, fertiliser, tractors and beef jerky.........I might give it a go as well.

If chrome is basing these ads on my history, then I've either been to some weird sites or someone else has been using my phone.

Well, if it's going to get rid of ads for gambling, bras, lawn mowers, dating sites, cookware, walking sticks, fridge magnets, fertiliser, tractors and beef jerky.........I might give it a go as well.

If chrome is basing these ads on my history, then I've either been to some weird sites or someone else has been using my phone.
While many ads ARE based on history, I can pretty much guarantee this round that has been plaguing Drummerworld are not. It's the most rando collection of crap ever.

Hey Ben, do an experiment. With your phone on and near you, say something like..."I could really use some ball peen hammers (or some other ridiculous object) right now. Who carries ball peen hammers? How much are ball peen hammers?"

Then log onto DW and see if you get ads for ball peen hammers.

Spoiler, that happened to me. Not on DW though

Hey Ben, do an experiment. With your phone on and near you, say something like..."I could really use some ball peen hammers (or some other ridiculous object) right now. Who carries ball peen hammers? How much are ball peen hammers?"

Yes, that actually can happen. I've known it to, as well. But that isn't what I'm seeing with these crazy ads.

Okey Dokey......I'll do it now for sauerkraut.

Many sites have ads. If ads are causing a worse browsing and engagement experience, then this is an issue with the site itself not you as the person who browses the site. The issue is best addressed by the site owner without the user resorting to draconian fixes such as changing the browser to just be able to browse this one site.

With the Google Chrome on Windows browser, the ad that shows at the bottom of the page is new but personally it is tolerable. The very aggressive ad that takes over the full page and the user has to click on the X at the top right to get rid of it is the main problem.

Last edited:
Deadset...... I've got Brave Browser up and running.

Voila....no ads, it's smoooooth as dudes.

But.....the red icon in right side of the search bar looks like a Transformer logo.

I dunno if it's an Autobot or a Decepticon.

So if my phone transforms into an alien piece of tech, I'll let you know.

DFO has ads, but they're small, and easily ignored.

I've been getting large banner ads and even occasional full-page ads on here every once in a while for about the last week. Like, I'll open a thread, and it'll just be an ad covering the entire screen until I close out of it.

A7FE959A-738A-40CC-B3B2-CC2488F09AE8.png

And as others have mentioned these ads seem to have a detrimental impact on the reliability of the site.

Attachments

• 872F8D28-34FE-4159-BA17-05E0042B3FB9.png
    872F8D28-34FE-4159-BA17-05E0042B3FB9.png
    817 KB · Views: 5
I had the one below early last month and found it hilarious. Still trying to figure out the connection of the 3rd picture with the other three... :LOL:

2023-04-12 07.47.16.png

EDIT: edited the pic so you don't see the links in the top bar since the pic was from my work laptop and I'd like to keep it a secret where i work ;)

Back