Drummerworld says I am a drum expert

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
you have actuaslly attained expert b/c of your bass plating involvement...it gives us the extra edge!

I keep waiting to see "Local Boob" under my name...

JimmyM

Gold Member
you have actuaslly attained expert b/c of your bass plating involvement...it gives us the extra edge!

I keep waiting to see "Local Boob" under my name...
Thank you for saying that. Playing bass DOES give you an extra edge. Doubling on anything gives you an extra edge but piano is always the best. I can't play worth a crap but I can pump out bass lines, program, and play arranger's piano. Glad I learned how it works at least.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
Thank you for saying that. Playing bass DOES give you an extra edge. Doubling on anything gives you an extra edge but piano is always the best. I can't play worth a crap but I can pump out bass lines, program, and play arranger's piano. Glad I learned how it works at least.

same here re piano...

and as far as expert goes, for me, until any one of my heroes call me an expert, I still have work to do.. 3 of my heroes are now gone, so I think it is a bar I will never meet...but the journey is more important than the destination to me.

I think an expert is someone who is always learning, refining and discovering

JimmyM

Gold Member
same here re piano...

and as far as expert goes, for me, until any one of my heroes call me an expert, I still have work to do.. 3 of my heroes are now gone, so I think it is a bar I will never meet...but the journey is more important than the destination to me.

I think an expert is someone who is always learning, refining and discovering
I like that.

GretschedHive

Silver Member
As if I didn't already have self-esteem issues, looking through the tags on this thread makes me feel even more generic than usual...

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
Staff member
I have no idea how the 'title' system works

It basically depends on the amount of postings. Additionally there's custom user titles which can be given to users by an admin (e.g. Jimmy's title). Here's a screen shot of the current standard titles list:

Bildschirmfoto_2022-01-11_10-06-19.png

But. The forums once was based on a different software, so the database had to be translated. To me it seems the import/export has set the old titles as custom user titles, so users from before the transition will be stuck on their titles.

giphy.gif

If you experience a difference between your title and the list above and you feel like re-entering the game of thrones, please inform an admin to remove the custom title from your user account.

JimmyM

Gold Member
It basically depends on the amount of postings. Additionally there's custom user titles which can be given to users by an admin (e.g. Jimmy's title). Here's a screen shot of the current standard titles list:

View attachment 112554

But. The forums once was based on a different software, so the database had to be translated. To me it seems the import/export has set the old titles as custom user titles, so users from before the transition will be stuck on their titles.

giphy.gif

If you experience a difference between your title and the list above and you feel like re-entering the game of thrones, please inform an admin to remove the custom title from your user account.
Are spade shaped badges the equivalent of dragons? I hope so because I want to be hot, blonde, destroy a major city, and roam the countryside naked, too!

iCe

Silver Member

View attachment 112554

giphy.gif

Thanks man! Was just curious on how this works. Now i feel kinda special to have a title that is not in use hehe
But i'm all for uniformity and not doing under for the rest of the members, so i will PM an admin ;)
EDIT: i totally missed you being an admin, so guess what is coming your way xD

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
Mine originally was Justin Sane but that seemed a bit crazy so GetAgrip it became. Now I’m Aspiring Astatine member which I deserve because I’m not an ISO like most.
Naw I’m happy with GetAgrip as all my other monikers here-we are Legion.

Rofl Actually I was on a local newspaper forum and there was a fella doing that playing different people-I deduced what the MFer was doing . He tried again and I caught him again. I got a bit too clever figuring out peoples real identity and exposed one and I got banned. The moniker was GetAgrip and that was that- a year or two later I came back as Bizarro and created a whole new persona (no one figured out I was GetAgrp. Ironically everyone loved Biz. The forum had so much controversy that newspaper staff spent to much time moderating so they closed it down.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: iCe

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
I am still petitioning to be Local Boob, or Village Idiot...

PM might get sent

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member

View attachment 112554

giphy.gif

As I am.
I asked this very thing & was told once the changeover happened, "Silver member" was my permanent level.
As I'm 51 with grey hair, it fits me well... :LOL:

JimmyM

Gold Member
Titles are important. At least that’s what my manager says. 😂
Always listen and do exactly what your manager tells you. They would never steer you wrong.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!