DrummerWorld Member's Handwriting Thread :)

Mount Saint Elle'ns

Silver Member
I will see what I can muster up. Handwriting is quite interesting, and how often do we get to see people write something with pen and paper? Which reminds me, recently, a guy wrote down his name and number while I was out watching local bands, and I was like, "Do people still do this?" Probably not the right response, I am guessing. ;)

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I draw (technical sketches) by hand. I find it helps my design process because I'm not having to concentrate on the drawing process itself. Regrettably however, my handwriting skills are woeful, & I mean worse than any doctor!

Here's something I knocked up yesterday.

Attachments

Chollyred

One time I had to write a note to school for my granddaughter. Her teacher was going to mark down HER grade because MY handwriting was so bad.

My next communication to the teacher and the principal was via email and not very nice!

One of my excuses is that I'm left handed and have to push a pen or pencil instead of pulling it like a righty. May not be true, but it's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
I will see what I can muster up...
Look forward to see/read it :)

Regrettably however, my handwriting skills are woeful, & I mean worse than any doctor!
Very good sketches Andy.

Your handwriting is quite classy, I like the way you wrote "Class", even my doctor would agree. ;)

Her teacher was going to mark down HER grade because MY handwriting was so bad.
We have to see it!!!

I drew a little picture for you...
Thanks Bon, is that an auto-portrait :D

LOL! Nice one! :)

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Here's one of my favourite caek recipes:
Ha! I like that recipe, you know I'm a huge fan of your caeks, I'll give it a try, but I'll already know it won't be the same as yours :)

Love your handwriting Madge, I see similarities in our handwriting, it's amazing, yours looks cooler, of course!

Magenta

Platinum Member
Ha! I like that recipe, you know I'm a huge fan of your caeks, I'll give it a try, but I'll already know it won't be the same as yours :)
Hmm, we could do a caek-off!

I see similarities in our handwriting, it's amazing, yours looks cooler, of course!
Is your handwriting the same when you write French? I think mine is slightly different.

I think yours is cooler - how cool is that!

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Hmm, we could do a caek-off!
Indeed we could, who will do the tasting though?

Is your handwriting the same when you write French? I think mine is slightly different.
Yes, same handwriting in French and English.

Only when I write down song titles at extreme speed when I do my greatest hits compilation that I have real trouble reading my own writing afterwards when I type it for my CD artwork. (Howzat for a long sentence)

I think yours is cooler - how cool is that!
Are we gonna start a pantomine dialogue?

I love seeing people's handwriting, I think it can be like art sometimes.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Cool sketches Andy-ole school free hand stuff-that is neat-o. I did these free hand drawings for a study in spiny lobster and crayfish of their olfactory pathways. I also would draw 3D reconstructions from looking at histological slides of chick embryo heart development and expression of various proteins-later we got a computer program to do it-but my reconstructions looked better. Now everything is so tech driven. I miss the ole days of film in research too-spent countless hours in the dark room getting the best image for a publication-now I can do it seconds- then too you can digitally enhance or alter it too=heck you could just make it all up. Takes the "Art" out of it-LOL :)

Attachments

Mount Saint Elle'ns

Silver Member
Who knew this would be such a challenge?! It seems I've forgotten how to write with pen and paper. Seriously, I tried a couple times, and I couldn't write in a straight line. :|

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Who knew this would be such a challenge?! It seems I've forgotten how to write with pen and paper. Seriously, I tried a couple times, and I couldn't write in a straight line. :|
Just have a nice Vodka Martini cocktail and write what's on your mind on piece of paper, I'm sure you can do it ;)

Last edited: