Drummerworld Dictionary

A few years back I had a student named Kale. He was neither green nor leafy. Perfectly pleasant, too. Our high school had a teacher named Mr. Broccoli. And when I was a little kid back in church, I was sure the priest used to say "Lettuce pray".

When I go to restaurants I always order the honeymoon salad. Lettuce alone.

We need a new technique on the forum... the "Open Door Technique", once it's mastered by the player, he/she can move on to the "Open Handed Technique", it will clear any misunderstanding and misinterpretation.

What about the "Open Footed Technique"?

We need a new technique on the forum... the "Open Door Technique", once it's mastered by the player, he/she can move on to the "Open Handed Technique", it will clear any misunderstanding and misinterpretation.

What about the "Open Footed Technique"?
Henri, I'm now even more confused! :)

A new term surfaced last week, penned by Jon - "tomage" (the number of toms chosen for a kit). i.e sufficient tomage for the gig. I'm liking that :)

Henri, I'm now even more confused! :)

A new term surfaced last week, penned by Jon - "tomage" (the number of toms chosen for a kit). i.e sufficient tomage for the gig. I'm liking that :)

I would like to suggest DsDrummer's Theorem: A player's potential or practical creativity is inversely proportional to the drumset's tomage.

I'm still waiting for instructions on the proper use of milk and seatbelts. I've forgotten the details and the proper protocol. Duncan might be of some assistance with this.

Tomage...instant classic.

'Dished' - when your drum head is worn out, warped due to loss of elasticity.

(do these entries get proof read?)

No proof reading. If anyone thinks a term belongs here, that's good enough. The real test is if it gets picked up and ran with. So all entries are welcome.

Back