Drummers Today

I think a lot of prog metal drummers are quite impressive. It's not really a type of music i listen to a lot so i wouldn't be able to name drummers. One of my favorite and i think most talented drummers out of a modern metal band would be chris adler out of lamb of god.

Jason Bittner from shadows fall

chuck Comeau from Simple Plan

Chris Adler

Joey Jordison

-Abe Cunningham of deftones
-the drummer from story of the year( his name escapes me right now) the drums on the albums are awful and have a bunch of post production, but i saw them live and he kicks ass.
-Zac Farro of paramore
-Atom Willard of angels and airwaves(was also in the offspring)
-Longineu W. Parsons III of yellowcard
-Aaron Gillespi of underoath
-Chris Raines of norma jean
-Chad Butler of switchfoot
-Daniel Adair of nickleback( was in 3 doors down) not really in those genres but he is nasty
ill try and think of some more later

John Tempesta - The Cult.

Christoph Schneider - Rammstein.

Think thats a good question. If we talk about really young an fresh drummers, Moritz Müller would be an idea, born 1985.

Ilan Rubin... very tasteful drummer and sick chops.. hes doing work in NIN now.

Check out Derek Grant. He was the former drummer for the Suicide Machines and is now with Alkaline Trio. Dude can play....

Also a few of my modern day favorites:
Thomas Pridgen - The Mars Volta
Nate Young - Anberlin
Coby Linder - Say Anything

-Abe Cunningham of deftones
-the drummer from story of the year( his name escapes me right now) the drums on the albums are awful and have a bunch of post production, but i saw them live and he kicks ass.
-Zac Farro of paramore
-Atom Willard of angels and airwaves(was also in the offspring)
-Longineu W. Parsons III of yellowcard
-Aaron Gillespi of underoath
-Chris Raines of norma jean
-Chad Butler of switchfoot
-Daniel Adair of nickleback( was in 3 doors down) not really in those genres but he is nasty
ill try and think of some more later

I always had a feeling that guy was good. I dont know why...he plays such junky music but deep down i knew he was a good drummer. maybe cause he's the only refreshing part about nickelback...

oh and what about tony royster jr?
dave king of the bad plus
oh and Jimmy Chamberlain from Smashing Pumpkins. Dunno if that counts.

Nate Young - Anberlin

X2 on Nate Young

John Tempesta - The Cult.

I thought John Tempesta was playing for Testament nowadays...or was that just a one album thing?

--the drummer from story of the year( his name escapes me right now) the drums on the albums are awful and have a bunch of post production, but i saw them live and he kicks ass.

"Josh" or "Constable" Wills.

Can't say I agree about his album performance...but he's a beast either way.

I'd have to add Matt McDonough (Mudvayne), Andrew Hurley (Fall Out Boy) and reiterate Chuck Comeau (Simple Plan), and LP (Yellowcard).

I'm keeping my eyes and ears on the following guys:
Drummer Karl
Wavelength
Blade123
Jazzsnob
Brittc89 and
Kacperivo. I see nothing but big things from all of them.

Back