Drummers on the Road Simple Meal.

SmoothOperator

Gold Member
Something minimally processed with lots of enzymes and probiotics will be very different. It's almost pre-digested. Still not balanced, though.
Like beer!

Seriously though, I like fermented foods a lot these days, all the starches and sugars are gone, leaving the good stuff.

A trick with the protein is to eat jello. Jello is protein, but it's glycine. How it works is that your body consumes glycine to process other excess protein specifically methionine. Methionine is good but in excess it's toxic, and processing it can ironically cause glycine deficiency. It's an artifact of modern diets, caused by eating just muscle. In the past people used to eat things like marrow and tendons.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Like beer!

Seriously though, I like fermented foods a lot these days, all the starches and sugars are gone, leaving the good stuff.

A trick with the protein is to eat jello. Jello is protein, but it's glycine. How it works is that your body consumes glycine to process other excess protein specifically methionine. Methionine is good but in excess it's toxic, and processing it can ironically cause glycine deficiency. It's an artifact of modern diets, caused by eating just muscle. In the past people used to eat things like marrow and tendons.
Take away the hops and a beer now and then wouldn't be so bad.

I make my own fermented stuff an have it with every meal. Makes a huge difference.

My home made organic broth is my jello. :)

Yeah. The animal based diet isn't really just protein. Eating every part of the animal. Even the stomack contents for otherwise undigestible plant matter.

Tendons are still very common in soups all over South East Asia. It's just a matter of boiling them long enough.