drummer sues to keep his place in the band

timmdrum

Silver Member
I just skipped through the video, watching little segments, but he certainly seems fine. Of course, it's just the first song, but still:
Hm. It's now clear that the bigger tragedy is Brad Whitford's beard. Is he goin' prospectin' after the show? :D

drumnut87

Imagine the beef Billy Joels drummer , Liberty DeVitto would have in that case. 30 years and oh by the way you aren't going on this tour.
well back in 2010 billy joel settled a lawsuit with liberty over unpaid royalties to the former drummer, so i dont think theres any major love loss between those two

Reactions: TJK

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Because their lifestyles are dependent on the income coming in. I know for a fact Joey had to stay in his Florida home for a period of time because he & his family no longer liked their mansion with a nine car garage and guest house. They loved the property though so they demolished everything and built new ones.
Yeah, if you read Joey's autobiography, it becomes clear he spends his money as fast as he can earn it, and seems to have no regard for saving.

He does through high-end sports cars like socks, and he builds and tears down mansions over trivial items.

Juniper

Gold Member
I’ve been going through all of Neil Pearts books in recent weeks and in ‘Far and Wide’ he tells a short story about the period where Rush supported Aerosmith - which incidentally Joe Perry denied...

Agmost some of it he recalls Steven Tyler forever berating Joey Kramer about his tempos during each soundcheck.

I think there are two sides to every story as Kramer doesn’t come across as very level headed in his autobiography also but he’s lasted this long too.

Either way I don’t envy him for the band he’s in. Seems like way too much hassle/egos.

However, I’m sure the old pay checks/royalties helped!!

Last edited:

dale w miller

Silver Member
I’ve been going through all of Neil Pearts books in recent weeks and in ‘Far and Wide’ he tells a short story about the period where Rush supported Aerosmith - which incidentally Joe Perry denied...

Agmost some of it he recalls Steven Tyler forever berating Joey Kramer about his tempos during each soundcheck.

I think there are two sides to every story as Kramer doesn’t come across as very level headed in his autobiography also but he’s lasted this long too.

Either way I don’t envy him for the band he’s in. Seems like way too much hassle/egos.

However, I’m sure the old pay checks/royalties helped!!
Tyler being a control freak is why he has a player of Joey Kramer’s ability in the first place. Tyler’s talent screams for a player at Bonham’s level, but someone like Bonham wouldn’t put up with that.

dale w miller

Silver Member
Yeah, if you read Joey's autobiography, it becomes clear he spends his money as fast as he can earn it, and seems to have no regard for saving.

He does through high-end sports cars like socks, and he builds and tears down mansions over trivial items.
I know his son. Back in ‘01 my band at the time and I were on tour and we stayed with him at the Aerosmith Compound as we called it in the pool house. Jesse totally used it as his party house.

It was hilarious watching the two of them together. It was the same father & son relationship we all have with Jess busting Joey’s balls.

And of course Joey was waxing one of those 9 expensive cars as we were leaving.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I look at it he was a founding member of Aerosmith since 1970 and with that their rises and falls. I've never seen the Bad Boyz from Boston in concert but they were hugely popular back in their day-sure can think of a lot of great times listening to there then new albums. I think it all sounds sad to me without really knowing any details-on so many levels. I would think them all pretty well off and makes me wonder about loyalties especially since all of them now are old and doubtful as capable as when in their youth. There's a whole bunch of old bands from 60 to present still touring around milking their past success-because it's generational I don't think people attending really care it's not quite as good as their youth because they aren't young and as spry either LOL.