Drumcraft Drums

Jonn151

Hey Folks
My local store has recently started bringing in these drums, i myself hadn't heard of them but checked out the website (http://www.drumcraft.com) and they look quite nice.
Have a look and let me know what you think. If anyone knows anything could you let me know as im looking for a new drum kit (reffering to sound and build, quality etc)
Thank you

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
Using formaldehyde free wood glue for drums is not the standard in the industry as it is expensive and you cannot see, smell or touch the difference. Formaldehyde is not banned but it is heavily suspected to be cause cancer, that’s why we don’t see the point in using glue that contains it for our drums.-Drumcraft site

Finally!!!! Drums you can take to bed with you and not worry about outgassing from substandard glue. Im getting tired of sleeping with just vintage drums.

They are equipped with the one of a kind DC lug that follows the Bauhaus art of German industrial design. Less is more – simplicity is a main principle of nature. While keeping it outstanding in looks yet functional. Every series offers unrivalled value and features in its range.--Drumcraft site

How's that? Less is more! I like these guys already!

Attachments

freebirdgdw

Silver Member
Never heard of them either, but from the website and the intro video you'd think they were a household drum name.

D

DamoSyzygy

Although I have kept quiet about it, I have been following these kits for about 3 months now. I put one of the Series 8 kits through their paces about a month ago and they are quite simply amazing for what they are. I went through that thing from top to toe and was very impressed with the quality.

The series are simple to understand, are well built (check out the cast bronze snare!) and are a very refreshing take on a very lacklustre industry of late.

My store should receive shipment of them later in the year, and they are going to do great things Im sure.

D

DamoSyzygy

^ The pricing is going to be one of the BEST things about them when they are released.
They are CHEAP. SO cheap in fact, that when I was told the retails for the 3 ranges, I asked what was wrong with them :)

They then decided to fly me over to Sydney to see for myself :)

D

DamoSyzygy

Yep. I just think this company (which is run by drummers apparently) really gets what people want right now. Environmentally sound, nice quality and durability, good sound without the ridiculous pricetag.

freebirdgdw

Silver Member
^ The pricing is going to be one of the BEST things about them when they are released.
They are CHEAP. SO cheap in fact, that when I was told the retails for the 3 ranges, I asked what was wrong with them :)

They then decided to fly me over to Sydney to see for myself :)
This gives me an Idea...

"Dear Mr Drum Builder.
I don't fully get your drums and want to learn more about them. I think it's probably best that you fly me to where you are and let me see for myself."

Now I just sit back and wait for the replies.

kraztatsa

i actually bought a drumcraft kit the week they came into australia i have had it for almost 3 months and i couldnt be any more happy with it it has the stock heads on it still and sounds fantastic with those on it....i own the series 6 birch in pearl white with black hardware....im still currently waiting on the 6 and 16 inch toms to come in....btw if your from melbourne go to drumtek if you want to purchase or even testdrive one they gave me an awsome deal and great service......btw if anyone has anyquestions about the kit feel free to ask i would be more than happy to spread the word about this ever growing company

Axe

I take it these are no relation to the Drumcrafts my parents bought me in 83 - it was some (horrible) Asian knockoff set..