Drum Workshop cym. mount

lefty2

Platinum Member
I'm normally not a big fan of DW hardware mostly because of it's price and bulkiness. I just bought a flat based cym stand and the cym holder is exceptional. Best idea I've ever seen for controlling cym swing. Now I don't have to find the right thickness of felt or the right length of plastic tube so I can tighten the nut and still have the amount of cym swing I desire. I do own a 6000 ultra lite stand pack and am pretty pleased with everything except the hi stand, it broke after a yr or so. I don't expect it perform like the heavy hardware but it does work as it should, except the hat of course. I'm very pleased with this new stand also.
20220502_124805-249x512.jpg

Last edited:
I have never really understood that cymbal holder that DW uses, if I want my cymbal to swing less I will just tighten the wing nut.

I have one DW cymbal stand with that design and agree. It’s a brilliant design, especially when I switch out a crash (lotsa wobble) for a China (stiff as wood).

I have never really understood that cymbal holder that DW uses, if I want my cymbal to swing less I will just tighten the wing nut.
Unless you tighten the nut down till it stops it will not stay in the same place, at least when I play it spins around from vibrations. This way you can tighten the nut down till it stops and still not have your cym too tight or 2 loose

I, too, am a big fan of DW hardware. I like the adjustments mentioned above.

Back