DrummerVance

Hey guys! I wanted to take a second and introduce myself! I am the drummer of Ominous Conception, A doom/death metal band from Southwest Missouri. I recently posted a Youtube video of me playing one of the songs off of our upcoming album and I wanted to share a link with you guys! My channel name on Youtube is: DrummerVance

Here's the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sze_SvvHK5Q

If you like the video, please subscribe to my Youtube page, as well as look my band up on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Reverb Nation!

If you really dig the video, sharing it on Facebook would be incredibly gracious! I love to talk drums, so hit me up!

One more thing! If you like what you hear, our debut E.P is available on itunes for $5.94, as well as Amazon music!

Thanks!
Drummer Greg Vance

Re: Drum Video!

Doom/death metal is not my cup of tea, I'm a classic rock kinda guy. That said, your YouTube video is really tight. Great doom/death type drumming. Remember, not my cup of tea but I can still appreciate drumming when its good and you and your band sound really good. Hope that makes sense. Good luck with it bro and keep on rocking!!

Re: Drum Video!

Doom/death metal is not my cup of tea, I'm a classic rock kinda guy. That said, your YouTube video is really tight. Great doom/death type drumming. Remember, not my cup of tea but I can still appreciate drumming when its good and you and your band sound really good. Hope that makes sense. Good luck with it bro and keep on rocking!!
Pretty much echos my view too. Not my kind of stuff, but for me, I got some nice groove feel coming through in your blast beats, & I can't say that very often!

Interesting. Nice groove with the band. I had never listened to blast beats before (I'm sure I've heard them in the background) but because of your video, I actually went searching around on YouTube for them. Derek Roddy does a great explanation of them and I also found this other guy teaching them. I never knew that's what those were. I think I will try to incorporate blast beats into my playing now!

See? You're influential!

Hey Greg, welcome to the forum!

Your playing makes me easily forget that you posted that video in the wrong section (so I moved and renamed it, haha).

There's a number of refreshing things in that music which does stand out from the ordinary I think. (Although I'm not too familiar with that genre honestly.) Most of the guitar riffs were really cool and interesting. What I liked about your drumming is that you're incorporating blast beats only at certain spots and not as frequently as others are doing it so the music/riffs can 'breathe' - kudos. I would do some things differently (in theory - I'm not that far into drumming yet). To my ears you're playing too many straight 16th double bass parts which sometimes would sound nice if broken up a bit to create a syncopated feel or accent the guitar riffs. Maybe one day (er, 20 years? haha) I'll come back and show you what I mean but I'll have to practice in the meantime. Also, on the slower/more relaxed parts I generally don't like the tendency of many heavy drummers to completely stop playing - I'd do some light cymbal embellishment or something subtle. I'm noticing often times the drummer would completely stop for 1-2 bars before continuing. I think there's something to be learned from the pop/rock genre here - they always find nice and ear pleasing ways to fill those 'gaps'. (No need to do this all the time though, but once in a while would be great I think.)

I'm sure you'll get some more positive feedback here!!

Back