Drum Tuning

buzzbuzz

Hey guys, I started playing in HS then literally took about 25 yrs off after I graduated. So, all the finer details of drumming escaped me. I don't have any drum buds now so I want your opinions. How do you think my drums sound? How can I improve them. Yes, I know it is all subjective but just looking for some feedback. Here's an original we are doing - it called Go Away and you can hear the drums OK. Mapex Saturn 8,10,12,14,16, 22. I'll tell you the heads I am using after I get enough feedback - wonder if anyone can guess?

Don't worry about Rainbow or Rebel as they were done differently.

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_6372169

TNA

I couldn't get the songs to work off the link you gave so I listened to some from your myspace.

They sounded a little dead to me, but that could be the recording. But it really matters if you are happy with the way they sound. I don't know how you want them to sound so I can't really tell you if they are "off" or or give you any advice really on how to correct the problem because I don't even know if there is a problem. I have the same kit, its not too hard to get them to sound good, it really just depends on how you want them to sound.

buzzbuzz

I couldn't get the songs to work off the link you gave so I listened to some from your myspace.

They sounded a little dead to me, but that could be the recording. But it really matters if you are happy with the way they sound. I don't know how you want them to sound so I can't really tell you if they are "off" or or give you any advice really on how to correct the problem because I don't even know if there is a problem. I have the same kit, its not too hard to get them to sound good, it really just depends on how you want them to sound.
Do you have any links to yours?

TNA

Not really my band just started recording. The only finished song is one without any fills so you can't hear how the toms sound. sorry