Drum throne...

SquadLeader

Gold Member

FreDrummer

Silver Member
I believe it is fairly "standard" in this area when dealing with the well-known, well-contructed products. I personally own a Gibraltar 9600 series base and two Pork Pie bases, as well as four seats (the Gibraltar, 2 Pork Pies, and an Ahead saddle-style). All the bases and seats are interchangeable. I would not necessarily count on this being the case with some of the "el-cheapo" thrones.

SquadLeader

Gold Member
I believe it is fairly "standard" in this area when dealing with the well-known, well-contructed products. I personally own a Gibraltar 9600 series base and two Pork Pie bases, as well as four seats (the Gibraltar, 2 Pork Pies, and an Ahead saddle-style). All the bases and seats are interchangeable. I would not necessarily count on this being the case with some of the "el-cheapo" thrones.
Thanks pal. Mine wasn't a cheapo...Mapex I think from memory.

Should be ok. Perhaps I'll message the seller just for a check on the returns policy.

Thanks for your help mate.

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
Hi there.

Is a "standard 7/8" fitting, (compatible with all Roc N Soc seats)" like REALLY a standard rather than a quirky Roc N Soc standard.

I have a good quality Mapex seat which fits onto a similar looking fitting as the following. Can I be fairly assured do you think that it will fit if I buy the base as shown on Ebay ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Percussion-Drum-Throne-Base-for-Roc-n-Soc-NEW-/272027626192?hash=item3f561c2ad0:g:dfYAAOSwAYtWLjKJ
Threaded steel (screw type) posts are standard 7/8"

Hollow (smooth) tubes vary in diameter.

The eBay throne is 7/8", its more than likely made in the same factory as the GIBRALTARS

crispycritters

The best bet is to measure the diameter of the post on your current Mapex throne.

I've just measured the threaded post on my Tama Ergo-rider throne - its 7/8 diameter..