Drum Stools

Look for a second hand Ahead Spinal G. You can thank me later ;)
This. Or first hand but it'll go above budget. I got one with a back a few months ago. Prior to this I was like "drumstools be drumstools" now I'm like "why do I need any other furniture at home when I could just sit on my throne!" Seriously so comfy, amazing feel for double kicks, solid as....

I have this throne and I find it super comfy. Slightly over your budget, but I'm sure it can be had for less than GC is asking.

The Ahead Spinal G is on my wishlist, however.

I’d go to a shop and at least get a sense if I like round or bicycle better. I have a roc n soc nitro and ahead spinal g and like them both.

Pearl D1500GTL is my main gigging throne these days . It has a pneumatic height adjustment like my Roc N Soc a nitro throne . The throne seat top is shaped similar to a guitar pic . The braces on the throne are aluminum so the weight is reduced . It weighs a lot less than my preferred Roc N Soc nitro so it has been seeing the gig time this year . It is very comfortable and well designed . It is also far less expensive than my Roc N Soc Nitro throne . For longer gigs or rehearsals I would probably stick with the Roc N Soc because it has a back rest . You can buy a backrest for the Pearl . I just decided to forego the added expense .

I had a Tama throne for years and thought nothing of it, but when I got my new drumset, I decided to treat myself and got a roc-n-sock. WOW!!! What a difference all of the aches in my back after 4 hours was gone, the pains in my legs, gone. I felt like I could sit on that thing for days and still be comfortable. DON'T SKIMP ON YOUR THRONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My hopefully helpful tip...don't buy cheap!

I purchased an inexpensive throne long ago that had the post resting directly on plywood serving as the bottom of the seat.

It eventually broke through.

I was lucky that I was not hurt...and found that my laughter about the issue was VERY nervous!

Check all thrones to be sure they have some form of material that will not allow the post to break through and into you!

Squeaky thrones tend to be the cheaper ones...and also, when i was younger, the last thing I would investigate when looking for sound pollution.

oh, and if you plan to travel your cymbals around invest in a hard type case/vault...you do NOT want a loose cymbal following the laws of inertia when you slam on the breaks!...or tearing through an old soft bag and gracefully bouncing down flights of stairs like a free flying guillotine (hopefully with no one following you if it does happen) and sporting a nice new crack when retrieved.

Roc N Soc thrones are amazing and I highly recommend them. They're a little pricey but your booty will thank you.

mine held my fat azz up for 30 or so years!!! The cushioning finally gave out this year...

I'm a heavy heavy man, and I had a Gibraltar break on me, fortunately the seat just came off and I wasn't injured.
I've got a Tama 1st I take to gigs which is comfy and sturdy which i got second hand for £90, and a Yamaha DS950 with the backrest I use at home for extended playing and comfort.

Be sure to get a quality throne. Don't let this happen to you.

View attachment 110473
THAT's what I'm talking about... a potential proctological nightmare. A good throne is worth its weight in gold!

No matter the brand, be sure to verify the post does NOT sit on anything but quality metal(no cast aluminum either)

Drums is dangerous!

Now I will have to start a cheap throne company called 'Fusilli'

Back