Drum Stools

Thin Shell

It wasn't his stool that was the problem. It was how he set up his kit and how he sat in relation to the kit. I realize you're joking. I just had to say that.
It certainly couldn't have helped. Those old thrones had very small cushions and provide bad support. A bad stool will make you move around a lot trying to stay comfortable and could result in worse posture than sitting on a comfortable stool.

MntnMan62

It certainly couldn't have helped. Those old thrones had very small cushions and provide bad support. A bad stool will make you move around a lot trying to stay comfortable and could result in worse posture than sitting on a comfortable stool.
I never said his throne wasn't part of the cause. But it was more to do with how he sat at the drums. Look at his spine in that picture. I believe he has said as much himself in interviews.

SVBJECT

Look for a second hand Ahead Spinal G. You can thank me later ;)
This. Or first hand but it'll go above budget. I got one with a back a few months ago. Prior to this I was like "drumstools be drumstools" now I'm like "why do I need any other furniture at home when I could just sit on my throne!" Seriously so comfy, amazing feel for double kicks, solid as....

someguy01

I have this throne and I find it super comfy. Slightly over your budget, but I'm sure it can be had for less than GC is asking.

The Ahead Spinal G is on my wishlist, however.

219Dave

I’d go to a shop and at least get a sense if I like round or bicycle better. I have a roc n soc nitro and ahead spinal g and like them both.

RickP

Gold Member
Pearl D1500GTL is my main gigging throne these days . It has a pneumatic height adjustment like my Roc N Soc a nitro throne . The throne seat top is shaped similar to a guitar pic . The braces on the throne are aluminum so the weight is reduced . It weighs a lot less than my preferred Roc N Soc nitro so it has been seeing the gig time this year . It is very comfortable and well designed . It is also far less expensive than my Roc N Soc Nitro throne . For longer gigs or rehearsals I would probably stick with the Roc N Soc because it has a back rest . You can buy a backrest for the Pearl . I just decided to forego the added expense .