Drum Solo Music

I don't know specifically, but his thing for a while has been just that big kit. There must be something out there.

Oh, and Joey Baron did (does?) solo concerts:

Not sure if he has a solo record out but there´s a duo album with fellow percussionist Robyn Schulkowsky.

Oh, and Joey Baron did (does?) solo concerts:

Not sure if he has a solo record out but there´s a duo album with fellow percussionist Robyn Schulkowsky.
This is really cool! I heard that he's doing solo stuff, but didn't find any album. Thanx for sharing!

When I see this, I wonder if he orchestrates a solo, or is he just freelancing it? He described this kit being tuned to both the diatonic & chromatic scales, so I assume he writes actual music on this kit.
Any idea?

Yeah, he is amazing! You know any recording where it's just him and the drumset (no other musicians or backing track)?
I didn´t find any on Spotify...

I don't know if there are any recordings, but there's tons of it on youtube.

When I see this, I wonder if he orchestrates a solo, or is he just freelancing it? He described this kit being tuned to both the diatonic & chromatic scales, so I assume he writes actual music on this kit.
Any idea?

I think it's a lot of both.

Any idea?
No idea. Most of the stuff he does bores me to pieces, this piece is quite nice.

I get quite tired of the broken sticking approach. The "I'm gonna play X, Y, and Z rudiments here, stop for a few seconds, then play it again over here, then again over here" style of soloing.

Back