Drum solo idea/question

cdrums21

Gold Member
I have a big show coming up and I would like to do something special for a little drum section during the show. I've seen some things that I thought were cool but I don't exactly know how to pull them off. What I'm referring to is when the drummer is under a strobe light and he hits a floor tom with either water or glitter or something on the head that causes the substance to fly up in the air, which looks really cool under a strobe light. Anyone know exactly what is used? Blue man group does something like that and I was curious to know what they used, but I don't want to mess my drums up.

Also, I've seen drummers play along to tracks of songs that have the drum tracks removed. This seems to be more appealing to the audience rather than just another boring drum solo. Is there somewhere that you can get tracks like that? Pardon me if I seem a little out of touch, I just thought maybe I'd save some time coming here first. Any thoughts and comments are appreciated. Thanks.

I have a big show coming up and I would like to do something special for a little drum section during the show. I've seen some things that I thought were cool but I don't exactly know how to pull them off. What I'm referring to is when the drummer is under a strobe light and he hits a floor tom with either water or glitter or something on the head that causes the substance to fly up in the air, which looks really cool under a strobe light. Anyone know exactly what is used? Blue man group does something like that and I was curious to know what they used, but I don't want to mess my drums up.

Also, I've seen drummers play along to tracks of songs that have the drum tracks removed. This seems to be more appealing to the audience rather than just another boring drum solo. Is there somewhere that you can get tracks like that? Pardon me if I seem a little out of touch, I just thought maybe I'd save some time coming here first. Any thoughts and comments are appreciated. Thanks.
As long as you don't mind cleaning it UP, yeah, it's very effective. There was a guy back some years ago that used Baby Powder, it would float in the air and the lights would make it look like a cool effect. BONUS!! He smelled shower fresh AFTER the gig!! L0L!!

Back