Drum Solo (Audio) and Original

Blue

Hey Everyone. I recently recorded a drum solo after having been away for nine months and having only my pad. I'd like to share it with you and was hoping you could comment on it and tell me what you all think. Thank you very much!

I uploaded here, but if for whatever reason it doesn't work, you can go to my myspace page which is

www.myspace.com/curtisband

Please also, I recorded a song recently as well, and it is on the myspace page. It is called Itim. I'd really like to hear what you think of the song and the drumming. Thanks again.

P.S. I'm going to throw in this bass and drum jam I did with my best friend who is a bassist. I think it is really good, but I'd love to hear what other drummers think of it. It is too big to post here, but it is on my myspace page, under Bass to the Drums #1. There is also a Bass to the Drums #2. I think they both came out great, but you can choose either one. Cheers.

Attachments

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Wow. I listened to Bass to drums#1. You are one talented musician. Great stuff man. Too bad raw talent doesn't automatically mean lotsa money, you'd be rich.

Blue

Thanks Larry. That was a really nice compliment, and that means a lot to me, honestly. Hopefully one day I will be able to translate this into at least a liveable income, because I'm really bad at pretty much every other line of work (restaurants, mainly. I can't work in an office all day. I can't sit still without having to tap on something.) I'd like to be a drum teacher. I'm really interested in teaching, and hopefully get good enough to the point where I can teach all skill levels, not just beginner intermediate. I want to move to Austin, Texas and see if I can get in a band down there. Anyway, my friend, the bassist on the recording you heard... him and I are going to be recording an album together, so I'll post some of that stuff when it is ready, hopefully in about three and or four months. Thanks again. Cheers
Curtis

Wavelength

Platinum Member
Please also, I recorded a song recently as well, and it is on the myspace page. It is called Itim. I'd really like to hear what you think of the song and the drumming.
To be frank, that wasn't much of a song. It sounded very cool and it could be further developed to become a great song, but at the moment it's just a four chord progression repeating over and over. The drumming was crisp, and your pad workout obviously bears fruit, but I'd hope to hear a bit less rolling and a bit more space and colors. I did like those stick clicks!

To develop that snare thing further, you should study some classical and rudimental snare solos.