Drum sets with 20" bass

Thunderstix

I'm looking for drum sets with 20" bass, sold as a package (no custom sets). With 10 or 12" toms and a 14" floor tom with legs.

A-customs

Silver Member
Take a look at my profile the yamahas in my profile.8,10,12,14 with legs 20" Bass.Im looking at trading this one for a new kit..Not sure what state your in.......

caddywumpus

Platinum Member

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Sonor also makes some great kits with a 20". They are worth a look. They are called the Studio series.
I really like a 20 inch bass drum. It is a perfect size. Sometimes you don't want a 22" or an 18" bass. The 20" is just right!

Last edited:

alparrott

Platinum Member
Almost every manufacturer makes a 20" kit with those tom sizes in their most popular and their best quality lines. If you're looking for an intermediate level kit or a pro kit, this should be easy to find. For example: Yamaha offers kits this size in their Stage Custom lines and has all those sizes available in their Custom Absolute lines. Pretty sure that Pearl, Ludwig, Tama, etc. also do.

scoreking81

I'm looking for drum sets with 20" bass, sold as a package (no custom sets). With 10 or 12" toms and a 14" floor tom with legs.
This sounds like you want a ddrum dios maple pocket shell kit, comes with all american maple shells and is only 900 and oh yeah it also has a snare and another 16" floor tom

Thunderstix

Allow me to clarify...

Please find me the cheapest kits with these specs:

SD 13 x 5-6"

BD 20 x 16-18"

FT 14 x 14"

TT 10 x 8" or 12 x 8"

Chaos_Inferno

Silver Member
The studio sets of Sonor's Force 3007s, and I think the 2007s also fit what you're looking for.

I think you can get the 2007s with a 22" bass and 16" floor while keeping the 10" and 12" rack toms if you liked... but I bought my Force 3007s (the Special Edition pack with the 8") in those sizes.

IL DUCE

I know several lines of Mapex come with 20" kick drums. I myself play a mapex mars pro series kit with a 20" kick as standard. I will not use any other size bass drum other than the 20" myself. For me it is the absolute perfect size bass drum. If a company can't/won't accomodate me I'll just move on. Many companies today offer the 20" bass as a standard feature. Good luck

sticksnstonesrus

Silver Member
That variation of sizes.....10, 12, 14 (floor), with a 20" BD is what Sonor called a Fusion Sized Kit for 1007 series. I think I read that the 3007 was the same.

2007 was not.

haymen

I had a Premier APK for about 10 years it worked hard and always did the business it meets all the size spec's you are quoting .
also it never dropped tune, was the english made variety and sounded insane mic'd up with eq2's ..