Drum set mascot/luck charm?

Ronzo

Ok….maybe just me but anyone have one on their drum kit?
I always have guardian bells on my motorcycles and a few yrs back started tying down a good luck travel companion

1A8CBE7F-01A1-417F-8D1A-D89E509D1E2E.jpegFA50A013-1E6E-4BC4-AE6C-8B57C07D4736.jpeg

Much like guardian bells you cannot purchase for yourself but it must be given to you.

This was recently given to me but the old hound on my bike’s is still kickin so…..

AD76E129-6801-4F07-9A9F-F0916FA3374E.jpeg

My new addition to the kit.
Anyone else have anything similar on their kit? Piece of clothing you have to wear? Other superstitions, habits, routines…?

caddywumpus

Archnemesis of Larryace
Not when I’m visible on stage, no. When I play musicals in the pit, I usually have some sort of decoration on the kit or clothing that I wear. When I played Sister Act, I wore a habit, and when I played Pippen, I wore a jester’s hat, for example. SOMEthing to break up the norm on a 6-8 week show run is a good thing…

JimmyM

Platinum Member
I have nothing on my drums, but I put Devo energy done stickers on my A Designs REDDI DI for bass just to be a little subversive at the oldies shows I used to do. Of course, using an SVT and 810 was pretty subversive as it was, but when they’re supplying the backline, that’s what I want dammit!

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
Ok….maybe just me but anyone have one on their drum kit?
I always have guardian bells on my motorcycles and a few yrs back started tying down a good luck travel companion

View attachment 123380View attachment 123381

Much like guardian bells you cannot purchase for yourself but it must be given to you.

This was recently given to me but the old hound on my bike’s is still kickin so…..

View attachment 123383

My new addition to the kit.
Anyone else have anything similar on their kit? Piece of clothing you have to wear? Other superstitions, habits, routines…?
I have a bit the same as Funkybrewster. I must have at last three pairs of new sticks during a gig. It sounds a little obsesive, but it eases my mind if I have them, even if I do not have to use them. :cool:

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
I have "hood ornaments" on the top of my bass drum reso hoop. Sometimes it's a Roc 'em-Sock 'em robot, Peter Criss Funko, gold Cadillac hood ornament, Animal from the Muppets...
Depends on the show I'm playing, but it's always a good convo starter.

Sera

I have several spiritual elements in my drum set. One of them is black & white Monster High-doll - Frankie Stein. And one is russian clock that could not keep time.

Last edited: