Drum set finish - yea or nay?

SomeBadDrummer

Nay

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Customized, personalized ugly finishes in the most hideous and repulsive color combinations we could think of. There's more ugliness being dreamed up as we speak. Or we will bring to life your wrong ideas. We are working hard to develop a custom line of tear inducing odors to round out the experience. For an extra charge we can offer slime wrap, that feels slimy, smells horrible, and looks really, really bad.

Our goal is to make anyone who looks at our finishes...hurl. We are aiming towards an intense, visceral experience. Our newest finish is actual lacquered house flies embedded in certified, hardened vomit wrap. Not just any vomit. Homeless wino throw-up. We lovingly collect it after paying them in more wine to turn into more throw-up. Because we're just that depraved. And proud of it too! There's no note stamped inside, but we do sign each shell with our own turds. Inside or out, your call.

Call 1-800-GET-UGLY and let's get ugly!

Last edited:

RobertM

Platinum Member
Yellow is my favorite, but Sonor's "Tribal" finishes are, I'm afraid, mostly a "nay." I can dig Sonor's "Earth" finish--that was funky--but it's discontinued. For this kit, I'd just go Yellow.

Woolwich

Silver Member
Love it.
I'd want chrome hardware instead of gold but that kit looks awesome.

If it helps the finishes of my kits from most recent to oldest have been Red/Blue Hybrid Sparkle, White Marine Pearl, Platinum Sparkle, Purple Sparkle to Black Fade, British Steel, Laser Canary Sparkle, Red Sparkle.

Al Strange

If it helps the finishes of my kits from most recent to oldest have been Red/Blue Hybrid Sparkle, White Marine Pearl, Platinum Sparkle, Purple Sparkle to Black Fade, British Steel, Laser Canary Sparkle, Red Sparkle.
There’s clearly a gap there for “courageous banana vomit”... :unsure:

Drumolator

Platinum Member
To each his / her own and all of that. I say nay. Peace and goodwill.

force3005

Silver Member
As much as I like Sonor, this one is a no. IMO 3/4 of Sonor finishes I am not a fan of.

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
Interesting. Green boats are same superstition. Painting a boat green or even having anything of that hue on board, even little specks on ropes, the color green is not a sailor’s friend. The association is likely to be with land, in fact seamen thought painting a boat or ship green would ensure it’d run aground.

And yellow - never bring bananas on board a boat. They bring bad luck.

As far as green drum kits, though - man I love green sparkle kits. But yellow (and especially this Sonor) not so much.

Nay for me. Probably dictated by my motorcycle background: never buy a yellow (Easter Egg) or green (unlucky) bike.