Drum Set Ergonomics - Thesis

gige25

Hey Guys!

How are we all doing in quarantine? So I'm collecting data for my Thesis and my topic is all about Ergonomics and Technique - Would you guys be down to fill out my form and maybe have a conversation on this?

Here's the form - https://forms.gle/u3xKjqmsrAa13xY38 - I would be super grateful if you could help me out!

Stay safe my drumming brotha friendssssss!!

Last edited:

NouveauCliche

Hey Guys!

How are we all doing in quarantine? So I'm collecting data for my Thesis and my topic is all about Ergonomics and Technique - Would you guys be down to fill out my form and maybe have a conversation on this?

Here's the form - https://forms.gle/cU8CyCURwfUJVsYX8 - I would be super grateful if you could help me out!

No go.

Attachments

johnwesley

Silver Member
The same way it affects the performance of any drummer. Makes no difference if you're contemporary, old school, tribal, wear a hat, or prefer oreos over chocolate chip. Drum set up is personal to each performer and his/her physical requirements based mostly on convenience and ease of movement. Contemporary has nothing to do with it unless you just like the idea of dividing everything up into X number of categories for the purpose of showcasing your ability to differentiate rather than concentrating on the outcome.

GOOSE72

Hey Guys!

Here's the form - https://forms.gle/ZBPLwvDR9WwnQv1t9- I would be super grateful if you could help me out!

The link didn't work for me. I'm not even sure what you are doing a Thesis? I had to look it up to even know what it means. I guess it is a statement or theory put forward as a premise to be maintained or proved. Or a long essay or dissertation involving personal research, written by a candidate for a college degree. Well I'm sorry I am no help here I barely graduated high school. In regards to Ergonomics and Technique in drumming. There are no rules. Good Luck with your Thesis.

gige25

The same way it affects the performance of any drummer. Makes no difference if you're contemporary, old school, tribal, wear a hat, or prefer oreos over chocolate chip. Drum set up is personal to each performer and his/her physical requirements based mostly on convenience and ease of movement. Contemporary has nothing to do with it unless you just like the idea of dividing everything up into X number of categories for the purpose of showcasing your ability to differentiate rather than concentrating on the outcome.
I completely agree on that! My teacher asked me to use the term Contemporary, just to describe an age graphic for my thesis.

gige25

The link didn't work for me. I'm not even sure what you are doing a Thesis? I had to look it up to even know what it means. I guess it is a statement or theory put forward as a premise to be maintained or proved. Or a long essay or dissertation involving personal research, written by a candidate for a college degree. Well I'm sorry I am no help here I barely graduated high school. In regards to Ergonomics and Technique in drumming. There are no rules. Good Luck with your Thesis.
Oh sorry for that! I just updated the link - Yeah that's exactly it! Thanks brooo!!

Question 5 does not make it crystal clear to readers whether you're asking if players have sustained an injury while drumming (and thus likely a result of drumming) or if players have had a pre-existing injury while playing the drums. I interpreted it as the latter. Based on my lifelong technique and ergonomics, I've never been injured as a result of drumming. Based on my life, I've played gigs temporarily missing each of my four limbs at different times, and had to re-approach drumming after a partial hand amputation and adapt in other ways at times.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I had questions on your questions. Some very vague. One, explain an answer when answere was no. Maybe a re-write before turning this in.