DRUM RELATED YOUTUBE SHORT IDEAS

Jameson D

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I don't have any experience in the YT drumming video world

But it's the same as any marketing campaign.

Define your audience. Who do you want to see your videos? Other drummers? The general public? Beginner drummers? Advance drummers? People who know nothing about drums? The better you define your target, the better you can focus your presentations.

Stroman

Platinum Member
I think getting views is going to be a cult of personality thing. Everything that could reasonably be taught about drums is out there.

Whatever makes YOU a unique individual and appealing to others is what you should focus on. The drumming is almost secondary, I hate to admit.

Also, presentation is everything. You don't have to have a $10000 kit, but if I'm looking at someone's messy bedroom filling most of the screen, that had better be part of the schtick. Sounds matters, too. How many times have I seen someone "reviewing" or "demoing" a piece of equipment I'm interested in, and the sound is so shitty I want to reach through the phone and choke them?? Too many. Waaaaaay too many. Lol

Hopefully that helps.

cbphoto

Diamond Member
Also, presentation is everything. You don't have to have a $10000 kit, but if I'm looking at someone's messy bedroom filling most of the screen, that had better be part of the schtick. Sounds matters, too.
And wear provocative clothing, too. The women drummers have that down and are practically inhaling viewers.

And the First Rule of video is: the sound is more important than the video. Make your drums epic while looking great.

Chris Whitten

Silver Member
There are two kinds of YouTube videos.
One is just an outlet, for creativity, or to share information, or for fun.
The other is aimed at a career, to make money.
Sometimes if you start with the first the latter occurs naturally.

Jameson D

Here's my thought process, guys.
So i want to make good short informative that really show my interests and what i like, and you guys all have great ideas. I just am an extremely busy high schooler, so I want to make videos that people are interested in, so that i'm not creating them in vain, if you know what i mean.
I'm not trying to create them so i can become popular, i'm creating them for fun, but i would like to know that people are actually watching them :)

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
So i want to make good short informative that really show my interests and what i like, and you guys all have great ideas. I just am an extremely busy high schooler, so I want to make videos that people are interested in, so that i'm not creating them in vain, if you know what i mean.
I'm not trying to create them so i can become popular, i'm creating them for fun, but i would like to know that people are actually watching them :)
That's is commendable, but here is the thing: you cant predict, or even guess, what people want to see.

This is one aspect of life where it's okay to be selfish. Do what YOU like. If everyone wants to see videos of you licking the kick pedals of famous drummers, would you be willing to do that just to make people happy? My guess is no.

Do what you like. If it's good, other people will like it too.

Chris Whitten

Silver Member
So i want to make good short informative that really show my interests and what i like
So have fun making 'good short informative videos that show your interest' and nothing will be in vain.

It basically comes across that you only value your videos if they are 'liked'.
I just am an extremely busy high schooler, so I want to make videos that people are interested in, so that i'm not creating them in vain, if you know what i mean.

felonious69

Gold Member
How about a series that focuses on the rudiments. Each short could be one rudiment.
That would be a good idea for us not-quite-drummers.

YouTube can be a goldmine of valuable information.
Everything from drums, guitar, keys/any instruments...setup, maintenance, upkeep...
arts techniques...
home and auto repairs...
power tools tricks and practices...
If I had had YT when I was younger, I might be better at ALL of those!

Jameson D

You know that it's a good thread when @Bernhard posts in it :)