drum mat

rocker261

I need to find some sort of hard rubber floor, 8' square, to lay down under my drums. I have a carpetted floor in my drum room, and need to leave that in place. Ideally I wuold like a durable, hard rubber floor to put over the carpet to place my drum kit on. I do have the spikes in the kick drum legs, so the rubber will need to tolerate those. Any ideas or suggestions?

Frank

Gold Member
What's your budget?
Does it Have to be 8' square?
Does it have to be rubber?

There are lots of drum mats out there.

Last edited:

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
I found a very very thick rug at a thrift store. It is 6ft X 6ft.
It is laying over my carpet and it works great.

Try using two rugs, one on top of the other, on top of the carpet.

Frank

Gold Member
This was a good reminder for me because I need a mat.

I'm working up a project that is getting close to playing out. On the last gig of my last band, I - actually threw the rug in a dumpster. It had too many miles of spilled beer, other odors, and stains, and I spontaneously decided the dumpster nearby was a better recipient than my car.

So, now you have me looking for one.

moxman

Silver Member
Carpet on carpet will never move.. all I ever use (if I have to) is the mat in the back of my Volvo station wagon.. it's a tough rubber on one side and a tough carpet like material on the other.. works great in a pinch!

WallyY

Platinum Member
Your local home repair store should have rubber mats that are thick and heavy like a gym mat or a horse stall. Four of those shoul do.