Drum mat/rug

How many times have I gotten to the venue while getting my kit set up having that little wave of panic set in realizing I'd forgotten my rug again. Then you search the hallways in hopes of finding something. Usually some dirty old rubber mat that will have to suffice until the nightmare is over. DONT FORGET YOUR RUG!. But I will...(again). 😠.

I wanted a larger rug that could easily fold and roll and ended up with one of these (don’t recall which size):

I also debated just buying a rubber backed rug in the appropriate size and cutting reliefs in the backing, but couldn’t be bothered at the time. I suppose you could be even more enterprising and adhere/stitch a thin foam/rubber back to your rug of choice.

I have a 5 x 7 foot rug and I think it's too big. All I need is something to connect my throne with the bass drum spurs.
I usually have my kit foot print marked out on my rugs. Makes for a quick and repeatable set up, but far importantly shows the rest of the people on stage where to absolutely not put anything they don’t want me unceremoniously heaved out of the way. It’s really not just a thing to put my stuff on to keep it from sliding around; it’s also a very effective communication tool.

Ended up getting this one, seems to tick all the boxes. Lightweight, easy to transport and one can use spikes:

Nice. You'll have to let us know how durable it is. I'm curious as to how it will hold up over time.

I take it you are not in the USA? It looks like that company is distributed in the USA by Big Bang/Hal Leonard. I had never heard of that company until your post above. Let us know how you like it.

Hands down the best rug I have ever owned, it has well over 100 gigs on it, been through all kinds of weather, drinks spilled on it etc. Still looks fantastic and I am actually going to use my wife's rug shampoo vacuum on it this weekend as it is starting to stink after 5 years...LOL. Really light, rubber non-slip backing, and velcro straps attached to it so no chance to lose them. Really great rug..
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LUDRUG--ludwig-drum-rug

I wanted a larger rug that could easily fold and roll and ended up with one of these (don’t recall which size):

I also debated just buying a rubber backed rug in the appropriate size and cutting reliefs in the backing, but couldn’t be bothered at the time. I suppose you could be even more enterprising and adhere/stitch a thin foam/rubber back to your rug of choice.

I usually have my kit foot print marked out on my rugs. Makes for a quick and repeatable set up, but far importantly shows the rest of the people on stage where to absolutely not put anything they don’t want me unceremoniously heaved out of the way. It’s really not just a thing to put my stuff on to keep it from sliding around; it’s also a very effective communication tool.
I bought the Armor Ahead standard (78x62), which was a bit pricey, and loved it. But realized that in my normal 1-up/1-down config, their 'electronic drum mat' (55x48) was even better and a lot more affordable. It fits *inside* my hardware bag with my hardware.

Back