Drum kit not in use

Aphelien

Hi guys
I am heading off to college soon and unfortunately, I will not be able to take my drum kit with me. I did not want to sell it as it is a pretty sweet Tama Imperialstar but I also don't want it to just catch dust sitting in storage. Does anyone know anything I can do with it?

NouveauCliche

Loaning it to a young drum student might be a nice thing, or to a school that has lessons for young students.
These are great ideas.

I'm a big fan of music education - so I'd look around for a school that might need a drum kit to borrow or maybe a Boys and Girls Club - you could also scout for churches that might want a good kit to borrow while you are away.

It's really nice of you to think about these things man - hopefully you find someone that needs it and will take care of it!

johnwesley

Silver Member
These are great ideas.

I'm a big fan of music education - so I'd look around for a school that might need a drum kit to borrow or maybe a Boys and Girls Club - you could also scout for churches that might want a good kit to borrow while you are away.

It's really nice of you to think about these things man - hopefully you find someone that needs it and will take care of it!
Taking care of it is key. Best of luck at college. Don't forget your mask, keep your hands away from your face and ALL body openings, wash your hand constantly, stay away from crowds, don't sneeze in public, cough into a paper bag then burn the bag, always treat people as you like to be treated unless of course you're into flogging in which case you should ask first. Aside from all that, enjoy academia.

roncadillac

Sell them and get something like the pearl compact traveler, that way you can keep up on your chops but quietly and not take up space. If you had one of those with a 'silent' ride and hats it wouldn't be any louder to adjacent rooms then a stereo or loud tv.

johnwesley

Silver Member
My "look" changes all the time. I change the photo to reflect my latest incarnation. Attached are me and 2 of my sons just prior to the stay at home order.

3fourmys.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

johnwesley

Silver Member
BTW......."Drum kit not in use".....nothing worse than a drum kit not in use, except a drum kit in use by someone who doesn't know HOW TO USE IT !!!!

cbphoto

Gold Member
Hi guys
I am heading off to college soon and unfortunately, I will not be able to take my drum kit with me. I did not want to sell it as it is a pretty sweet Tama Imperialstar but I also don't want it to just catch dust sitting in storage. Does anyone know anything I can do with it?
Sell it.
Donate it.
Loan it to a friend who will play it but let you take it back after college.

Do you know somebody who would like to pick up drumming? There might be some kid in the neighborhood that you or your parents know. I think that loaning it to a single person is better than giving it to a school since you would like to get it back eventually and in a school there might be hundreds of kids that use it without knowing what they're doing or steal parts.
Even with friends, I'd probably set up a short contract where you state the condition of the set and what is included. I know about friendships that have ended because some guy wanted to get his equipment back years later and it was damaged or just gone. Maybe agreeing on a small deposit like $100 would help, so the person who uses them in your absence doesn't abuse them because he would like to get his money back some day.

mikyok

Platinum Member
Put it in some cases and keep it fresh for when you come back at holidays/summer.

If you're never going to play them again then look at selling or giving them away to someone who'll appreciate them. I gave a shell pack away to a school last year, it was nice to give something back.

Still leery of loaning equipment...tools, music gear, car...anything really. NOTHING but bad experiences with that.
If I am willing to "give it up" then, fine.
Same here man, good way to fall out with people!

cdar

Keep 'em if you can with no reason to sell...
Take a pad, various sized sticks and a copy of Stick Control to school with you....
Then while at school, pickup and learn to play a Cajone or Djembe....there'll be parties and someone with a guitar that'll need some color...