Drum hardware bag on wheels with handle

moxman

Silver Member
I'm looking for recommendations for a good softcase bag with wheels and collapsible handle (like a luggage handle).
mainly for 3 cymbals stands, throne snare stand, 2 tom stands. I figure I can move my whole kit in one trip using my dolley for drums and a pull along hardware case.

I was looking at these tough hockey bags at Costco yesterday for about 100-125$.. tough zippered bags with wheels and handles... and started drooling.
Just not sure how much weight they can handle. they had a short wide one and another was more like a big long box..
Something like that for drums would be ideal.

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
Rolling golf club bag? Golf bags are designed specifically for long skinny objects, and have lots of pockets.

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
I use an old full sized wheeled suitcase with handle for my hardware. Most thrift stores will have them and they hold all I use for most gigs.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
I use an old full sized wheeled suitcase with handle for my hardware. Most thrift stores will have them and they hold all I use for most gigs.

that, and the addition of the Crosstown hardware to my country/jazz kit is going to make those gigs a lot easier!!!

moxman

Silver Member
Love the golf bag idea.. Lol. Some of my bandmates are golfers so they'd probably figure out a way of turning it into a beer carrier.

I used to use a leather suitcase with wheels on it - sister-in-law was throwing it out - so I grabbed it - one of the world famous brands. Lasted for ever. The wheels tended to veer to the left so I usually hand carried it or put it on a dolley.

Looking for something designed for drum hardware specifically.. there are a lot of choices out there.. some very expensive and some cheap in the 100-150$ range.. from what I can tell the price reflects the durability of the materials and design (wheels don't break etc.).

I'lll check out the ProRacket and Ahead Sled.. thanks!

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I've used several and the Ahead Ogio Sled is the best soft hardware bag, IMO. The hard back sets it apart. I use the 38" version, but they have 2 other lengths. I've thrown it in trailers and taken it up and down the east coast many times. Still going strong.

I use one of these as well with one of my kits. With the other kit, I use the SKB 1SKB-DH4216W model. I just checked the price of this, and it has increase by about $100 from when I bought mine. Wow!

If you want to cheap out a little, go look for a hard shell SKB golf club case. Look at yardsale pages online, craigslist, etc. The last one I bought, I bought it for $20 an it lasted for YEARS!

Heck, I just did a search for "golf club case" in FB Marketplace, and there are THREE for sale within a short drive for $50-$60. All three are hard cases with wheels.

Last edited:

1 hit wonder

I have Galaxy hardware bag. Bought it used. Wheels, heavy duty. Good zippers.

sumdrumguy

I have several by Protection Racket. Two full size and two half size. They're fab.

Another Protection Racket user here. I have used the same 38x14x10 rolling case for about 8 years. It has been through it all.

Nasty heat during the Summers; +30s with 80%+ humidity. Kill you quick cold in the Winters (-20s to -30s). Precipitation in all forms. Up and down too many staircases, freight elevators, and venue hallways to count.

Still going strong.

Dutch

Another Protection Racket user here. I have used the same 38x14x10 rolling case for about 8 years. It has been through it all.

Nasty heat during the Summers; +30s with 80%+ humidity. Kill you quick cold in the Winters (-20s to -30s). Precipitation in all forms. Up and down too many staircases, freight elevators, and venue hallways to count.

Still going strong.
+1

dwsabianguy

I've used several and the Ahead Ogio Sled is the best soft hardware bag, IMO. The hard back sets it apart. I use the 38" version, but they have 2 other lengths. I've thrown it in trailers and taken it up and down the east coast many times. Still going strong.
Yeah I've been using one of these for over a decade now, on several hundred gigs. It's maybe a little bent by now, but the wheels are still smooth, the handle still works perfectly, and most of all, both the zippers and the stitching are both still in great shape.

I really can't recommend it enough.