Drum gear waiting.

Tiges

I ordered a Sonor Aq2 14in floor tom about 2 months back originally I was told it would take about 3 months the latest update I was told today I could be another 2 months any one here waiting for drum gear that's having this problem I'm just a little curious?.

KEEF

Global supply chain for anything is screwed at the minute mate - 5 months in the current climate is nothing.
It'll all be worth it when she gets there!

rwp42

I'm in the same boat -- ordered an AQ2 kit and have no idea when it is going to arrive. All the hardware, cymbals, cases, etc... arrived already. Just need those pesky drums! :)

Tiges

I'm in the same boat -- ordered an AQ2 kit and have no idea when it is going to arrive. All the hardware, cymbals, cases, etc... arrived already. Just need those pesky drums! :)
I think that's because they are in lockdown that's what I was told it's holding back many orders it's very annoying I no all we can do is wait.

xopherhills

Same here. I ordered a Yamaha Recording Custom and the initial wait time was 30 days - 90 days ago. Now it's being pushed into June or July.

someguy01

Platinum Member
Not drums, but I've been waiting for an engine from Kawasaki since May 2021. Latest ETA is 01 June 2022

RichFaulk

I ordered a Sonor Aq2 14in floor tom about 2 months back originally I was told it would take about 3 months the latest update I was told today I could be another 2 months any one here waiting for drum gear that's having this problem I'm just a little curious?.
I ordered a 16" AQ2 floor tom through Thomann in February and it only took about about a month or so. Then a Martini Kit that took about 6 weeks. Not sure what the issue is that you're waiting months.

RichFaulk

Which shell pack did you go for? I have a Studio+Martini and its the best purchase I have ever made, musical or otherwise....some people take a pill to be happy some people play drums ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tiges

I ordered a 16" AQ2 floor tom through Thomann in February and it only took about about a month or so. Then a Martini Kit that took about 6 weeks. Not sure what the issue is that you're waiting months.
Tell me and will both know I think it's the lockdowns that has caused lots of backorder you were lucky what color shells did ya get? they are great drums..Cheers.

Justinhub2003

Silver Member
What color ?

man I was quoted 3-4 months for my Sonor SQ1 10" tom, then 6 months and then it finally showed up around the 10 month mark BUT that was after I contacted KHS America (distributor for Sonor) and told them I had a world tour tour that I needed the tom for LOL. ( I didn't) So they Airshipped my tom instead of shipping by boat which can add an extra 4-6 weeks

Tiges

What color ?

man I was quoted 3-4 months for my Sonor SQ1 10" tom, then 6 months and then it finally showed up around the 10 month mark BUT that was after I contacted KHS America (distributor for Sonor) and told them I had a world tour tour that I needed the tom for LOL. ( I didn't) So they Airshipped my tom instead of shipping by boat which can add an extra 4-6 weeks
Brown fade

tmk21315

I ordered a Pearl Session Studio Select in ice blue oyster last week through Guitar Center. ETA is about a month, which is fine, I'm even expecting a push back. What I don't understand is that Sweetwater has shown 5 in stock for the last month. Just weird that one retailer has none and another has 5, and the number hasn't budged. Unless it's just wrong. SW is my go-to but I amassed quite a stockpile of GC gift cards.

RichFaulk

Tell me and will both know I think it's the lockdowns that has caused lots of backorder you were lucky what color shells did ya get? they are great drums..Cheers.
It was the marine pearl wrap which might have something to do with why it shipped faster. If I had to guess, Sonor has more of the wrapped drums on hand than the lacquered. I would have loved to get the kit in brown fade but ended up saving a few hundred going with the wrap.

Justinhub2003

Silver Member
I ordered a Pearl Session Studio Select in ice blue oyster last week through Guitar Center. ETA is about a month, which is fine, I'm even expecting a push back. What I don't understand is that Sweetwater has shown 5 in stock for the last month. Just weird that one retailer has none and another has 5, and the number hasn't budged. Unless it's just wrong. SW is my go-to but I amassed quite a stockpile of GC gift cards.
When I was looking for a matching Snare to the same kit you just ordered, DCP quoted me at 2-3 months and 6 months for black galaxy finish.

Luckily I was able to find one for a steal at Bentley's drum shop on reverb.

rwp42

Which shell pack did you go for? I have a Studio+Martini and its the best purchase I have ever made, musical or otherwise....some people take a pill to be happy some people play drums ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I ordered the AQ2 Bop Kit (18" bass drum) in Titanium Quartz. Update: I was just notified yesterday that it shipped and should be here by the end of the week! There is apparently a widely-varying wait time depending on finish. I was quoted October+ for the same kit in White Marine Pearl.

Justinhub2003

Silver Member
Im getting ready to list my Sonor AQ2 Safari kit in White Marine Pearl for sale, I added a 2nd floor tom to my kit so its 10,13 ft,14 ft, 16 kick with snare.

I love this kit but I just don't have the space for 2 kits anymore. For a 16" kick, this thing thumps

Ransan

When I was looking for a matching Snare to the same kit you just ordered, DCP quoted me at 2-3 months and 6 months for black galaxy finish.

Interesting that DCP would give you an ETA on the black halo glitter finish unless they had an eye on one or a few.
Considering the finish has been discontinued since late 2020 or early 2021.

I have been hunting a free floating shell in that finish, they had quite a few around before I got my kit, and I should’ve preemptively pulled the trigger on one then.

Justinhub2003

Silver Member
Interesting that DCP would give you an ETA on the black halo glitter finish unless they had an eye on one or a few.
Considering the finish has been discontinued since late 2020 or early 2021.

I have been hunting a free floating shell in that finish, they had quite a few around before I got my kit, and I should’ve preemptively pulled the trigger on one then.
Pearl will do speciality orders even on discontinued colors. Likely why the wait was quoted so much longer

tmk21315

I have my eye on one of a few 14x8 STS snares in the ice blue on Reverb. Ironically from that same seller. Hoping one will be available in a few months, didnt add one to my order. Kinda just went nuts buying this kit and the Zildjian recording set from Sweetwater. I've never done a formal intro, planning on one when I have everything.