Drum Gear Photography

Though this is my kit, I must confess, I refer to this quality pic often, and can make a woodshed session in my own head. In time I have taken so many images of this view and this one came out the best. Some too far and some way too close...
By the way, does anyone else’s “mind” play on a kit with drum images shown from atop I.e. cockpit or birds eye?
View attachment 94143
It's pics like this that I use when my GF complains about my set (5 pc) and I can show her this and say. "But, but, but @Ransan bought THIS! I saved (us) a LOT of money!"
I don't call you "At Ransan" but it does help with my defense!

Not "drums" but a photo I really love. View attachment 94217And a gorgeous Tama Star Walnut because they were right next to each other in my folder.
View attachment 94218
Looks like your guitar and kit were made from the same tree. Cool!
I bought a Yamaha bass guitar that (the finish I selected) matches my drums. It's like camouflaged...Maybe the cat won't knock it off it's stand(?)
If he does...we're having stir-fry.

It's pics like this that I use when my GF complains about my set (5 pc) and I can show her this and say. "But, but, but @Ransan bought THIS! I saved (us) a LOT of money!"
I don't call you "At Ransan" but it does help with my defense!
Haha thanks for checking it out!
The power factory configuration is all original even came with original silver dots, hi hat stand and squeak king. I later purchased 16” floor tom from ebay (original not repro) which is only double headed tom shell, and got the 6” and 8” made for the octaplus config.
I cannot put a value on this as it is my baby.

A7E91D07-A8DD-49C1-B71F-7494C39A3FE5.jpeg52FE02E5-1DF9-4720-9836-7F6A7C23A3BD.jpeg

Looks like your guitar and kit were made from the same tree. Cool!
I bought a Yamaha bass guitar that (the finish I selected) matches my drums. It's like camouflaged...Maybe the cat won't knock it off it's stand(?)
If he does...we're having stir-fry.

Hahahaha, I wish that Tama Star was my kit! But yes, similar finishes I thought the colour tone was pretty neat on both. I think when I get my first real pro acoustic kit, at least I know the colour has to be some kind of blue.

Sorry not sorry for the awful Miles Davis play on words.

The power factory configuration is all original even came with original silver dots, hi hat stand and squeak king. I later purchased 16” floor tom from ebay (original not repro) which is only double headed tom shell, and got the 6” and 8” made for the octaplus config.

View attachment 97534View attachment 97535
If you removed the bottom hardware/head on that 16 floor tom, would it affect the tone adversely?

I recently put a fresh coat of wax on the bronze supra to help preserve it. Using available natural light, today was the first day with a new camera (Nikon Z6 II). I think I'm gonna love this powerful little tool. Another steep learning curve ahead of me again!

_DSC0006-2.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 97534View attachment 97535
🤟(y) Damn this is one awesome kit!

I recently put a fresh coat of wax on the bronze supra to help preserve it. Using available natural light, today was the first day with a new camera (Nikon Z6 II). I think I'm gonna love this little powerfiul tool. Another learning curve ahead of me again!

View attachment 110230
that is one gorgeous drum! what a fabulous patina and love the keystone badge. just beautiful

Back