drum duet!!!

radeq

Gold Member
hey, in our little home town were having jam sessions, and before the last one, we had an idea with my friend, so we did a drum duet, we had one hour to put it together :D:D:D so enjoy and comment, thank you!!!

btw, my friend/teacher is the one with hair :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDzsRQiTshc

Last edited:

ZildjianMike

Nice! I like the unison ratamacue groove towards the end! How long did it take you guys to come up with that routine?

chris_drb

hahaha wow.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX great drumming! keep it up!

I like both of your guys' feel and technique. good job

Last edited by a moderator:

tbmills

Gold Member
thanks, but i dont understand the ps, what does LID mean ?
a LID is a cap or top of a container.
to "keep a LID on" something is an expression meaning "close"

"keep a lid on the language" means "stop using explicit language (cursing)"
(he was talking to Sardaukar)

with that said, i really liked the video. i saw a few rough spots but only looked like some 1st time misunderstandings in yalls communication. i would really like to see yall re-record a newer more rehearsed version of this.

you two could really get into it if you practiced it a few more times and made the changes more solid.

i am not trying to criticize. just trying to help.

i really did enjoy this one.

radeq

Gold Member
about the lid - thangz, i thought that he meant it that way, just wasnt sure
about the video - i know u dont want to critizise, thankz for helping, we're preparing a new solo project, we will play it in decembers jam session, after it i will post it, of course, we r allready practicing, im sure it will be better, although we were surprised, that we had 1 hour tu put this whole thing together, and it worked quite well, not counting those three fatal mistakes i made :D:D:D
thangz again

tbmills

Gold Member
yall are both very good and with a little practice should be able to nail something (play perfect) badass. i am very excited to hear your next project. i would love to find another decent drummer here to do that with...

Deathmetalconga

Platinum Member
yall are both very good and with a little practice should be able to nail something (play perfect) badass. i am very excited to hear your next project. i would love to find another decent drummer here to do that with...
I agree with this assessment. The playing was a bit rough but that is to be expected with a complex duet and only an hour to practice. All things considered, this is really great playing and fun to listen to.