Drum Cover Beginner (Warpath by DREZUS)

NightwingV

Hello everyone how are you? My name is Cassius. Sounds like Cashis or Cashus. Anyways I have had a kit for years and wanted some feedback from the community I'm no pro and more like a noob I wanted to get some constructive critique or just views or maybe a few likes on one of my videos I currently recorded and edited with visual effects if you have any questions about what I'm using you have but to ask. I choose this song because it spoke to me although I am not native by blood I grew up with them being so close to the reserve and six nations. I enjoy the lyrics and the beat of this song so I sad down hit it once then a second time with a video so I've only every played to this two to three times the full song. Its on YouTube in everything from 720p right up to 4K so I hope you enjoy and without further ado here is the video. Thank you.

your timing is off in spots, but that should certainly improve the more you play. I think you're a bit too cymbal-happy as well. I have never heard this song before- are there drums originally in the song or are you making up these parts?

the video itself is a bit hard to watch.

NightwingV

Thank for the input yeah I don't have a lot of experience and haven't had any formal lessons I just freestyle to the beat and look for better ways to come up with rhythm and timing. This is the second time Even attempted to play along, I gave the video visual effects for a psychodelic feel plus my equipment and software is limited but other than that I had fun making the video and going cymbal happy. I like a lot going on when I play with plenty of symbol expression. Thus why I refer to myself noobish or beginner. My style unorthadox the original video doesn't have percussion or drums like that no. It's like this

Last edited: