Drum cam

Andy your crash cymbals really, really sound good-I know it took you awhile to collect that profile. The Gurus always sound so sweet-that bass drum has some infrasound frequencies I think-elephants hear it in Africa. Your playing is spot on-if you have any issues from your stroke I'll be damned if I see it.

You guy's are awesome, always a pleasure to watch your live post. Those are tough songs to replicate, I never could nail the guitar solo licks correctly on Jump. You was on point, thanks for sharing.

Andy your crash cymbals really, really sound good-I know it took you awhile to collect that profile. The Gurus always sound so sweet-that bass drum has some infrasound frequencies I think-elephants hear it in Africa. Your playing is spot on-if you have any issues from your stroke I'll be damned if I see it.
Thanks Art :) This cymbal set is my go to for pop / rock, & has served me well for a good few years now. It's got everything covered that I need for this job. I have another two sets that offer very different vibes. They only come out to play infrequently, but are very effective when they do.

On kit sound, there's no close mic's on the kit other than bass drum. Just a pair of low / over shoulder overheads to capture the top end of the kit. To my shame, I was in a huge rush to get to this gig, & I hadn't tuned the kit since the last gig + a rehearsal in between, & it shows :(

There's a few stroke issues remaining, & I don't think things will get any better, as they've stayed the same for quite a while. The only difference is I've learnt to expect random brain farts, & how to deal with them a bit better. I'm extraordinarily lucky to have retrieved the function I have.

You guy's are awesome, always a pleasure to watch your live post. Those are tough songs to replicate, I never could nail the guitar solo licks correctly on Jump. You was on point, thanks for sharing.
Thanks :) I'm lucky to be in a band with players who are all more talented than me. They support me and criticise my playing in equal measure. That's a balance I'm very happy with :)

I rushed the 2nd half of the keys solo in the Jump clip (was having some IEM issues - first song in = distracted), but the band really fold around stuff like that. Major props to the keys player for being flexible in the middle of a fairly challenging series of runs!

Nice playing.
Thank you :) Nothing fancy, just getting the job done.

Wow. Looking at this it appears, at least from the outside that you've got your "flow" back! Even if you feel like your body is lagging a bit, it doesn't show, did you beat this thing already, Andy?

If it makes you feel any better, I don't really have any excuse at all for my own brain farts.

I wish I could convey how good it makes me feel to see you executing with such authority again. I'll raise a glass in your honor on this fine Friday evening.

I wish I could convey how good it makes me feel to see you executing with such authority again. I'll raise a glass in your honor on this fine Friday evening.

Hear hear. Well said. Cheers Andy.

Gulp.

Wow. Looking at this it appears, at least from the outside that you've got your "flow" back! Even if you feel like your body is lagging a bit, it doesn't show, did you beat this thing already, Andy?

If it makes you feel any better, I don't really have any excuse at all for my own brain farts.

Indeed. Well Said Watso

I agree with what the others have said about your playing. You never miss a lick. Great job Andy

Thanks Dr. :) I'm missing some elements, but I hope that's just a matter of time. I still have some "in the moment" perception issues.

You never miss a lick.
Oh, if only that were true! I'm messing up less than I was 6 months ago, so I'll take that :)

Back