Drum bag recommendations?

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I’m looking for recommendations for a bass drum bag. The problem I’m having is that my bass drum spur points have ripped and ruined the lining inside of the bass drum bag. I’m looking for a nice tough bag that isn’t lined. Any advice will be welcomed. Id like to do better than the ultra cheap unlined offerings. An actual canvas bag made to fit a bass drum would be ideal. Maybe I’ll hire someone to sew me up one. Hard cases I won’t consider. Thanks in advance.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I'd design and make my own out of duck tape and canvas-decide on zipper or velcro. Basically a duck tape skeleton lined with canvas. Duck tape is plenty strong but could get heavy without a lot being canvas. I use to use duck tape wallets (I also made me water proof fishing bag, a tire cover for my fishing boat, my first hanging drum stick holder was duck tape, etc) till my kids and wife started giving me real ones for gifts-because they thought it was so "tacky" LOL. Maybe experiment using duck tape then get a seamstress to sew it together when you get what you want?

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Thanks Chris. They look great. I actually just ordered one for my 22" bass drum and one for my 13" rack tom which I mysteriously cannot find the PR case it came in. I like the fur and I really need semi stiff sides too, especially on the BD case. My bass drum used to fit snugly inside of a 20" PR case but not since I modded the bass drum with a tom tree mount, so I need a new 22" case.

drumnut87

i'd heartily reccomend the ahead armor cases. ive got them for all of my drums and ive yet to have issues with any of the cases :)

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Hard case? How about one of those ProTechtor cases without foam? Then you don't have to worry about ripping at all.

Mustion

Another vote here for Ahead Armor. Been using them for several years in some unsavory conditions and the only real wear has been on a 22x14 bag that I'm squeezing a 22x17 kick into... otherwise they're pretty solid!

KarlCrafton

Platinum Member
If you didn't get any bags yet, I can recommend BEATO Bags, 1000%
Worth every cent. Great zippers, solid quality.
I have a cymbal bag, stick bag, pedal bag, hardware bag. LOVE them.