Drink holder for your drums anyone?

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
There are several types of drink holders out there that fit on a drum set.

If you use one, which one do you use?

For local gigs, I keep a bottle/glass in a safe, flat spot on the floor where I can reach it without leaving the throne. On tour, I have a small accessory tray at my left that holds a drink as well as set list, brushes, and wireless packs. Prior to the tray, I set drinks on a small case within reach, and before that I had a QwikStix holder - https://qwikstix.com/site/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1 which was easy to place almost anywhere I needed it.

Bermuda

The ole floor tom, insofar as that’s possible.

I put my cup/straw all the way forward under whatever crash/ride cymbal happens to be there.

And if I’m playing a song where I have to beat the FT like it owes me money, the cup goes on the floor.

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
At my the rehearsal space, I have a small shelf just behind my kit to hold my drinks, phone, keys, etc. For gigs, I keep my pedal case on the floor next to my hi-hat - saves me a bit of stretch from having to reach down to the floor.

I've been looking into a dedicated beverage holder and found this: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/acc...rcussion-table-with-tom-bracket#productDetail.

It's a bit pricey, but here are some images showing what it can hold: drum butler.

The drum butler is nice, but seems a bit limited in terms of what it can hold. My Pearl accessory tray (PTT1212) is 12x12", holds any shape items, mounts to a regular stand (incl a drum rack's 1.5" leg,) and is under $50. It has a carpet-like liner so stuff can be Velcro'd in place if desired. No, there's not a well to hold a drink, but I've yet to knock one over. :)

There are other trays out there, but I'm not sure if they'll clamp to a rack leg (which is why I chose the Pearl.)

Bermuda

__clamp.jpg

Last edited:
I got a SwirlyGig for my mic stand after using a friends. A simple luxury, but I recommend it. It's damn nice not to have to bend over (twice) for every sip.

I play in socks, so my shoes make a nice drink holder lol. There's enough stuff to think about.

I play in socks, so my shoes make a nice drink holder lol. There's enough stuff to think about.

Perhaps you're a descendant of Prince Henry of Prussia? Or maybe you're Australian?

7ebdcfab-3f51-4231-bdad-556d677e1844_1.e0ac1a48bfbf5443b224437d7a37efda.png

I usually have one of these so a cup holder isn't necessary.

On the floor it goes!

Perhaps you're a descendant of Prince Henry of Prussia? Or maybe you're Australian?

OK this is quite the puzzling response.
I'm not committing to any of this until I know what Prince Henry actually did, and how that relates to being Australian, and if it was a good thing, or a dastardly thing. I'm guessing Henry wasn't/isn't a drummer

If I am a descendant, I'm unaware if the connection. As far as I know, there's no Australian blood in my veins either.

:)

I transformed my truck drink holder to one that holds my cell phone. Maybe a drink carrier should also have a hands free cell phone device. We wouldn't want any illegal texting and drumming-oh wait no drinking and driving so no drinking and drumming either. So it can only hold electrolyte, carbohydrate fluid replacement-hey just have an IV drip. No the dang lines in your arms won't work. I know in the butt-no not up the butt but a needle in the butt for IV drip.

I made my own drink holder out of a coat hanger.

View attachment 87471

View attachment 87472
Dang Hollywood Jim you'd make a great scientist. If we didn't have a device or something to achieve an end-we would have to create and build one. Sometimes you could buy it but the mark up for science products is so much it's cheaper to go to HomeDepot and buy the material to build your own. Like BioRad sells these pads for PAGE electrophoresis immunoblotting that are just Scotch Brite pads marked up by huge measure-I'd go to Kroger and buy them cheap. I'm not really that mathematically or engineering inclined but "necessity is the mother of invention". Most of mine were jerry-rigged monstrosities but got the job done. Man that's just perfect!!!

Dang Hollywood Jim you'd make a great scientist. If we didn't have a device or something to achieve an end-we would have to create and build one. Sometimes you could buy it but the mark up for science products is so much it's cheaper to go to HomeDepot and buy the material to build your own. Like BioRad sells these pads for PAGE electrophoresis immunoblotting that are just Scotch Brite pads marked up by huge measure-I'd go to Kroger and buy them cheap. I'm not really that mathematically or engineering inclined but "necessity is the mother of invention". Most of mine were jerry-rigged monstrosities but got the job done. Man that's just perfect!!!

Thanks. But I guess I should fess up. A couple of years ago I did an internet search for "musician drink holder".
When I saw this I said to myself, hey, I can make one of those.

Thanks. But I guess I should fess up. A couple of years ago I did an internet search for "musician drink holder".
When I saw this I said to myself, hey, I can make one of those.

View attachment 87473

"When I saw this I said to myself, hey, I can make one of those." Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back