Dream Cymbals

Tank322

I went to my local music store this weekend asking about cymbals, i was asking what cymbals they recommend for me and they threw out the idea of buying these knew turkish cymbals called dream cymbals. Has anyone used these or heard them? theyre getting their shipment in of them in like a week. he said there not as expensive as sabian ziljdian, meinl etc.. so are these cymbals worth it? are they just as good as the big name companys? Any help is apperciated.

tsmitty87

I am looking into some Dream Bliss cymbals myself for the new kit. They are way less expensive than the other big brands and, from what I hear of them, they have really good sound (well above the entry level cymbals lines that go for the same price from the bigger companies). I'm not certain of their durability or anything but I'm thinking about giving them a shot. I think they're made out of b20 alloy. Search youtube and you'll see a bunch of clips

ENRICO

Silver Member
I went to my local music store this weekend asking about cymbals, i was asking what cymbals they recommend for me and they threw out the idea of buying these knew turkish cymbals called dream cymbals. Has anyone used these or heard them? theyre getting their shipment in of them in like a week. he said there not as expensive as sabian ziljdian, meinl etc.. so are these cymbals worth it? are they just as good as the big name companys? Any help is apperciated.
dream cymbals have been aorund for a while , if you serch in this forum , you will find lots of threats .
to sum up , dream cymbals are handmade in china according to turkish style of manufactoring , that's why trey are cheapper . most of the series are B20 but some of the contact series are B23 (which is a common turkish alloy) .
they are pro cymbals , some people complain about their inconsistency , but for me that't a good thing , because it gives you a lot of different sounds , but you must try before you buy them .
series :
bliss series: is a copy of vintage zildjian k
contact : are supposed to be a copy of hand made zildjian vintage a series , the series is my favourite , to my ears they sound like a cross between a ziljian k and a series .
energy series : more modern cymbals , thicker , more piercing and focus sound .

I personally really like the rides and the crashes , the hh are too soft for my taste .

I hope you find this useful , feel free to ask , I love to talk about cymblas!!LOL

rjvsmb

Hey Tank,

Dream cymbals are Chinese made not Turkish. Here's a thread discussing them:

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59094&highlight=dream+cymbals

Here's their website: http://www.dreamcymbals.com/

Ultimately, you need to take the time to play as many cymbals as you can and decide which sounds the best to you. Then you need to consider your budget and decide accordingly.

If you find that you like a particular make of cymbal, see if you can find them on ebay used. You can get really good used cymbals at a fairly good price if you're patient.

Good luck,
-R