Dream Bliss Cymbal Opinions

drums32

Hey guys im looking to replace my xs20 14 inch hats and heard these dream bliss 13 inch hats from a guy who was playing them and was blown away by the sound and theyre pretty cheap too, just wondering what you guys think of these. thanks:D

I think the dream bliss 13" hihats are very dry but are in fact amazing. If you like dry get 'em.
They are not versatile though, your xs20's are more versatile.
I owned a pair for a while, in fact recorded with them, I have to say they are very nice for the price.

Hey guys im looking to replace my xs20 14 inch hats and heard these dream bliss 13 inch hats from a guy who was playing them and was blown away by the sound and theyre pretty cheap too, just wondering what you guys think of these. thanks:D

I have a pair and I consider them my "recording" hats. They have a great dry tone and balance well with the rest of the kit. They are pretty thin, and the thin edges chew up sticks like nothing else, but the sound is wonderful.

so "dry" meaning it dosent have a good full open sound?

I had some 12" & 14" Dream hats at one point. The 14's were just too thin & trashy sounding for me. The 12's were pretty cool but I did not have much use for them. I sold all of my Dream stuff about a year ago, but I wish would have kept the 12" hats. I'm not a big fan overall but that is personal taste.

You can probably get some used professional level hats for the same price as new Dreams though.

If you like them, is there any reason not to get them? They sound great, they're cheap, they've got a 2 year warranty. Worried that people won't think you're cool anymore? Remember, it's all about the sound, not the gear. Just as long as you don't get anything worthless like Amedia cymbals.

Very good advice! Forget the Dream stuff, & go for something worthwhile used.

I'm not sure. I haven't played any, so I can't comment - but I have heard some very good things about the way these sound.

I have had the Bliss a couple crash rides and the energy series just the hats..really liked both...the bliss is a bit trashy but nice..I once picked up a K custom extra dry special ride that cost about $400 and had a hard time telling it from my $100 bliss crash/ride..

Back