Dream Band: Legends or Pros and You Behind The Drums

• Thread starter Deleted member 526375
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 526375

If you had a chance to put an all-time dream team lineup together, who would be in it? Can be from legendary bands to local heroes to whomever works for you.

Here's my ultimate lineup:

Prince - multi-instrumentalist/lead vocals/band leader - engineer/producer
Lindsey Buckingham - electric/acoustic guitar/background vocals - engineer/producer
Pino Palladino - bass guitar
Norah Jones - keys/lead and background vocals
Ryan Adams (not Bryan Adams) - multi-instrumentalist/songwriter/lead and background vocals/producer

Larry Graham, Bass
Coco Montoya and Alan Mirikitani, Guitars
Bill Payne, Keys
David Sanborne, Candy Dulfer, Saxes
Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Keys and Vocals
I don't know what we'd be playing but, maybe this

Last edited:
Haha okay, this should be fun. In no particular order other than what pops in my head as I type:

Bass - Les Claypool
Guitars - Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, Chuck Schuldiner
Keys - Ludwig von Beethoven, W. Amadeus Mozart
Violin/Fiddle - Johannes Brahms, Charlie Daniels
Horns - the guys from Chicago. Like any and all of them
Vocals - Barry Manilow, W. Axle Rose, Mystikal

The name of my band is ?.

Maybe so, but it's just the emoji. No words involved. Take it as you will. On the censored version we are ? lol.

It's open to multiple interpretations, not unlike when Prince changed his name to a graphic. Is a picture worth a thousand words, or is a word worth a thousand pictures? It all depends upon the baggage a viewer/reader brings to the discussion.

It's open to multiple interpretations, not unlike when Prince changed his name to a graphic. Is a picture worth a thousand words, or is a word worth a thousand pictures? It all depends upon the baggage a viewer/reader brings to the discussion.
I'm of the opinion that a baggaged image is worth a thousand $$$. The worse the better. People like controversy, they just dont want to admit it.

Mine are purely selfish based on musicians I liked growing up. And they’re all still alive:

Bass - Sting
Keyboards - Billy Joel
Guitars - Eddie Van Halen, Bryan Adams
Vocals - Phil Collins
If I could add a second drummer, I’d pick Stewart Copeland.

I'm of the opinion that a baggaged image is worth a thousand $$$. The worse the better. People like controversy, they just dont want to admit it.

Quite so. There's nothing more insipid than harmony. The human train wreck draws the most gawkers. Discontent and strife pay the bills. The psychology behind it is both fascinating and sad.

It would basically be me sitting in with the Keith Jarrett European Quartet.

Maybe Jan's whining solos would get on my nerves after a while, so maybe I swap him for Eric Marienthal.
I just came upon Jarrett over the last year or so. I really enjoyed him playing with Jack DeJohnette. I wonder if Jack still plays.

EDIT: I've seen Eric Marienthal live at the Catalina Bar and Grill in Hollywood in 2008. Chick Corea Elektric Band would be my dream gig - Chick, Eric, Pattittucci, Gambali.

Last edited:
I just came upon Jarrett over the last year or so. I really enjoyed him playing with Jack DeJohnette. I wonder if Jack still plays.

EDIT: I've seen Eric Marienthal live at the Catalina Bar and Grill in Hollywood in 2008. Chick Corea Elektric Band would be my dream gig - Chick, Eric, Pattittucci, Gambali.

Yes I very nearly just said I'll sit in with CCEB, but European Jarrett just beat me to it based on my recent listening history. Both are dream gigs though.

Never really thought about it, but i wouldn't mind filling in for a couple of my fav bands (disregarding if I'm even up to the task haha)

Put me in the Wrecking Crew/Booker T and the MGs/The Swampers/Funk Brothers.

Back