Double Petal slid.....

A-customs

Silver Member
My older pearl petal keeps sliding to the right after a song or 2 im always getting it back square................... shes as tight as i can go.I also put a cardboard wedge under the clamp that attaches to the bottom of the bass drum hoop....................im about to throw it in the ocean.Anyone have or had this issue???? Looking for a fix.Thanks.....

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Try re-potting your petal into something smaller. Terracotta is usually a good bet provided you add sharp stones for adequate drainage.

opentune

Platinum Member
steel or wood hoop?
don't use cardboard, use something else with better traction, even rubberized. cut up old computer mouse pad.
also are you oriented/pushing it sideways, perhaps your foot needs to line up more with pedal.

don't throw it in ocean. always give or sell to somebody else.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
If it's a wood hoop, it sounds like it could be getting thinner where you attach the pedal - I've had that happen years ago. I decided to re-finish the hoop (it was black) and started using another spot to clamp to. Also, it could be your clamp is distorting and a quick fix would be to replace the tightening screw with a longer one so you have more threads to tighten with.

Which Pearl pedal do you have?

lsits

Gold Member
You might be putting too much sideways pressure in the pedal. I have had my toms off the bass drum and on a separate stand for years. It allows me to angle my bass drum pedal to align with my right foot.

My toms are still right in front of me where I like them and I can place the ride cymbal closer to me.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the velcro on the bottom of the pedal trick.

BradGunnerSGT

Silver Member
My older pearl petal keeps sliding to the right after a song or 2 im always getting it back square................... shes as tight as i can go.I also put a cardboard wedge under the clamp that attaches to the bottom of the bass drum hoop....................im about to throw it in the ocean.Anyone have or had this issue???? Looking for a fix.Thanks.....
Do you have your foot on it at an angle? Adjust your bass drum so that your foot is in line with the pedal so you aren't putting force on it at an angle.

Also, a lot of pedals have an adjust on the top of the clamp itself. There might be a screw on the top of the clamp that let's you adjust the pressure on the hoop.

Pictures always help!