Double Bass Pedal/Bass Drum Problem

Funnyman

I noticed today when I was playing, I had to stop because when I would use my bass drum pedal, the bass drum would rock back and forth, like outward then toward me. Especially during the double pedal. I noticed a fold in the carpet by where the arms are would that be the problem? I don't know how to fix it, or what's going on.

alparrott

Platinum Member
Check and make sure everything's right with your hoop clamp (the thing that holds your pedal to the kick drum). I don't want to sound patronizing, but start with the most obvious thing first.

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
I noticed a fold in the carpet by where the arms are would that be the problem?
Not that I want to sound patronising either, but in all honesty if I thought that this could potentially be a problem then I would have checked it as a first point of call.....long before I asked the forum. This one can be answered by you a hell of a lot quicker and easier than it can be by us. Simply move the drum away from the fold and see if you still have the problem. ;-)

Funnyman

Well I figured out the problem, the nut holding the leg in place was loose. But also the nut is broken, so I need to get a new one.