Double bass flams, left right or right left?

Volentry

I don't really know what they are called, but they kinda sound like a double bass flam. It's something you hear a lot in metal, and in rock sometimes they use it too.

The people who aren't very fast with slide (like me) use a double pedal instead to get that flam sound, but what is the exact way to play it? I have always and always played it as right left, but I see some drummers playing left right.

If you guys don't understand what I mean by the double bass flam tell me.

deryck

Well I know what a flam is. And I know what double bass is. So to clarify, you mean playing a flam with a double bass pedal, correct?

I'm a single pedal guy, but that doesn't stop me from having good dexterity with both my feet. As a double pedal guy, it gives you lots of reason to have good dexterity with both your feet, as well.

What this means is that it doesn't matter which way you play the flam, but it matters that you can do it both ways. Practicing rudiments isn't just for your hands. Do your feet too; gain control with them.

Wavelength

Platinum Member
The people who aren't very fast with slide (like me) use a double pedal instead to get that flam sound, but what is the exact way to play it? I have always and always played it as right left, but I see some drummers playing left right.
Didn't you just answer your own question? You can do it both ways.

Drum-Head

Silver Member
It depends on how you would write it out but I guess you could call that a drag between the kick and snare/other rather than a flam.

You can use any foot patten you want to play it.

F

Fishgopop007

Pretty sure dominic howard dropped double pedals, for this it's just a double on a single pedal followed by a snare flam followed by another bass. Hope this clears it up.

Volentry

Pretty sure dominic howard dropped double pedals, for this it's just a double on a single pedal followed by a snare flam followed by another bass. Hope this clears it up.
I know what he's playing but I wanted to know what would be the foot pattern to use to achieve that kind of sound. But my question has been answered already so it's okay :)